Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My weekend at Hallett

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 01:18 PM
johninar
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My weekend at Hallett

It was hot! Car showed 109 on both days.
Actual temp was reported to only be 105.

Oil never got above 260, water was ~225. I must say the Dewitts radiator with EOC really did it's job. I never backed off because of heat.
We were going the wrong direction this event (CW). Not my favorite direction, but I really worked on my line and focused on what I thought my shortcomings were. I managed to go from a 1:34 to a 1:31 on Saturday morning. I was happy with that. The NT01s were the real limiting factor. I'm in the ABS quite a bit now.

The new Wilwoods are just amazing. I didn't have to touch the brakes all weekend. I can go as deep as the tires will let me go.
What an amazing car

Even though it was stupid hot, it was a great weekend, I just need to get a decent seat in the car.

Does anyone swap seats from street to track? I will not have a cage in this car. I enjoy it on the street too much, so that's not a possiblity.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by johninar
Does anyone swap seats from street to track? I will not have a cage in this car. I enjoy it on the street too much, so that's not a possiblity.
Yes, it takes me less than 15 minutes to go from stock Z06 seat to Cobra Suzuka Pro GT mounted on Hardbar rails. The lower belts are bolted to the seat rail so they come out with the seat. My shoulder belts are on a Hardbar and stay in the car all the time.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:36 AM
boltvette
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Before you go to the expense of a seat, you might want to look into Angel Pads. They're made by Angelwings Tech (www.angelwingstech.com). Scott at Hallett has a demo set.

Get notified of new replies

To My weekend at Hallett

Quick Reply: My weekend at Hallett