Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunderhill Data

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 11:33 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Thunderhill Data

I was out with TEAM Racing for an HPDE Friday at Thunderhill once again proving I don't use my C6 to its full potential... and I have data to prove it! I'm happy to share the data and I'll try to flesh out this post with some of the more interesting bits. I have a few 2:07.x laps when I got clean air, and a 2:06.x "rolling lap"... data is showing a "best theoretical lap" (all the best segment times combined) of 2:03.x, if I'm remembering correctly, so I know it's out there somewhere.

My data is in AiM format (.drk files); anybody can download RaceStudio2 from www.aim-sportline.com for free to look at it. I've posted my Friday data at http://www.petting-zoo.net/~gkm/AIM/ for anybody that wants to play around with it.

If anybody else wants to share their [Thunderhill] data, throw it in this post and maybe we can all learn from each other.

The car: C6 Z51, DRM coilovers, Ron Davis combo radiator, Pfadt's Original Pfatty Bars with pillowblocks, Pfadt Poly Bushings, Wilwood SL6Rs with PFC01 pads all around, CCW C140 18x10+18x11, Toyo R888s 275/35r18+305/35r18, HardbarUSA harness bar & mounts, TeamTech harnesses. Stock LS2, not even a tune.

I suspect an all stock C6 Z51 or C5Z that was driven well should be turning better times than I was Friday, but this is a learning thing and I have not been getting out to the track the last couple of years and that's about to change, hopefully.

Quick Reply: Thunderhill Data