Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to test fit wheels onto LG Wilwood SL6 calipers DFW Texas

Old 08-03-2011, 09:19 AM
NealB
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Want to test fit wheels onto LG Wilwood SL6 calipers DFW Texas

Anyone in the DFW Texas area have the LG Wilwood SL6 calipers installed on a C5 and also using stock front wheels?

Looking to test fit some 18" CCW wheels to see if they will clear.

The inside bolt heads have hit on every BBK test fit so far

Last edited by NealB; 08-03-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:39 AM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

If they are CCW Classics... most likely you will have to run at least an 1/8" spacer or 1/4" spacer to get them to clear the Wilwood's. That's what I have to do with my Classics.

Kinda odd, I talked to John at CCW because one pair of 17x10's I can clear with an 1/8" spacer and the other 2 pairs I have need a 1/4" spacer to clear... he said the ones that only need an 1/8" spacer were called the Texas T1 CCW Classics. The term "everything is bigger in Texas" comes to mind.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,915 Likes on 5,326 Posts

It sounds like you are trying to fit classics. Not sure how the 18 inch would be but I know the 17 inchers will not clear. I tried fitting a set of 17 inch classics to my 03Z with the G Stop kit and found I needed at least 5/16 to clear the back side of the spokes. John at CCW recommended I use 5/8 spacers. One issue he warned me about was moving the wheels out that far would change the relationship of the tire to the wheel well and I could potentially get a lot of rubbing when the wheels were turned if the tire I was using was too large.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Want to test fit wheels onto LG Wilwood SL6 calipers DFW Texas

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Want to test fit wheels onto LG Wilwood SL6 calipers DFW Texas