Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The official group buy for Johnny O’Connell suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Johnny O@PfadtRacing
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The official group buy for Johnny O’Connell suspension

Guys and Gals, I am REALLY excited about how the live Q&A went yesterday with everyone here on CorvetteForum. If you missed it, check it out here : Live Q&A Thread

So, I talked to Pfadt and came up with something for everyone here on the Corvette Forum: The Official Johnny O’Connell Suspension group buy! As with all group buys, the more people that get involved the better the price for all of you. This group buy is going to include ALL of my suspension components separately or the package as a whole. Each member, no matter what they want to upgrade to, will be counted as a participant (and will count towards the number of total orders).

Heres the details:

END DATE: 9/16

If we get 5-9 total orders, we get the following pricing:

Johnny O’Connell Shocks $522.5
Johnny O’Connell Swaybars and Endlinks $593.75
Johnny O’Connell Stage 1 Package (Shocks and swaybars and endlinks) $950

If we get 10-19 total orders, we get the following pricing:

Johnny O’Connell Shocks $495
Johnny O’Connell Swaybars and Endlinks $562.5
Johnny O’Connell Stage 1 Package (Shocks and swaybars and endlinks) $900

If we get 20 total orders or more, we get the following pricing:

Johnny O’Connell Shocks $440
Johnny O’Connell Swaybars and Endlinks $500
Johnny O’Connell Stage 1 Package (Shocks and swaybars and endlinks) $800

So, respond here in this thread and Pfadt will keep a tally of all of the members included. The end date for this group buy is going to be September 16th, so give us a shout if you want in. Please check back often to see how many people we have in this group buy and to see what discount you are getting!

I’ve had a handful of people come up to me at races and tell me all about their Stage 1 Package on their C5 or C6 and how they couldn’t believe what it did for the balance and handling of the car. Pfadt forwarded this email to me of a recent review:

Adrian from Canada writes:

Thanks for your response. I just wanted to let you know that I decided to try out the Johnny O'Connell package and am thoroughly enjoying it so far. While at the Carlisle show, I purchased the kit from GM Partshouse at a great price and installed it in the hotel parking lot later that evening! Having helped a few friends install competitors' products, I really appreciated Pfadt's detailed instructions, clear illustrations and the use of factory-style mounting hardware. Not having to swap the mounting plates over on the rear shocks was an added bonus.

With regards to performance on the street, my car now feels solidly planted and stable. The disgusting amounts of body roll and the odd hopping sensation while driving down a bumpy road that annoyed me with the stock C6 suspension are gone. After a short drive in the rain, I notice that the car is much better balanced--when the rear end steps out, it's predictable and controllable. It finally feels like a sports car. While it's not something I do often, I can't wait to get the car onto a track.

Thanks for offering an awesome product at a more than reasonable price point.

Regards,
Adrian

Old 09-01-2011, 09:38 PM
RestoRoc89
Instructor

To all those who are on the fence, go for it! The JOC kit made all the difference on my 2011 coupe. Now I'm glad the Z51 package got discontinued...

Old 09-01-2011, 10:01 PM
VGLNTE1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Whats the difference with these and the T1 shocks and sways?
Old 09-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey guys. We have had a nice response to the Group Buy so far, but to get your names officially on the list we are going to need a little more information.

Please either PM Pfadt Racing, email us at info@pfadtracing.com or call us at 1-888-972-2464 with your:

Name
Address
City, State Zip
Email Address
Phone Number
Credit Card Number
Credit Card Expiration Date
Credit Card Security Code

With this information we can officially put you on the list for the group buy. Your credit card will be charged for product and shipping on the date the group buy comes to an end. You can have yourself removed from the active group buy list any time before the ship date with just a phone call, email or PM.

We will keep the current active orders account number highlighted on the first post so everyone knows where we stand for pricing. Or you can PM us for an updated count.

Originally Posted by RestoRoc89
To all those who are on the fence, go for it! The JOC kit made all the difference on my 2011 coupe. Now I'm glad the Z51 package got discontinued...

That looks great! Glad you're really enjoying your package!

Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
There are many differences between the Johnny O'Connell package and a T1 setup. First and foremost the T1 shocks are valved completely different then the JO package, T1 shocks are much like the C6Z shocks taken up another notch. After careful examination we felt that the T1 shocks have a lot of unnecissary low speed compression and rebound, which is why they ride like pretty terribly for street cars. Ride quality aside, all that platform makes the car feel to the driver like it's handling great but in reality you're hurting mechanical grip the more damping you add to the system. The T1 and C6Z shocks also have a lot of high speed rebound built into them, which tends to make the car feel nervous and leads to oversteer as the wheel doesn't want to stay in contact with the road surface over road irregularities.

The bars are similar to T1 bars, but because the Johnny O'Connell shocks are geared more towards daily drivers who see occasional track time, the bar rates are a little lower than T1's. The bars do include stout 1/2" endlinks and sway bar bushings as well, which makes the bar package a great upgrade for cars that may be getting tired after they start seeing years of use. We recommend that our Johnny O'Connell bar users start their tuning at the middle setting, that should give you room for adjustment to your driving style.

Here is our sway bar rate chart so you can see relative bar stiffness between this package and other Pfadt and OEM offerings:

Old 09-02-2011, 11:33 PM
gsxnut
Racer

Bought mine a month ago. Bummer. I would have been in for sure.

Mark
Old 09-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by gsxnut
Bought mine a month ago. Bummer. I would have been in for sure.
The cost before the group buy is still a pretty nice package price for both shocks and sways. We wanted the daily cost of this kit to be approachable by anyone with a Corvette. How is the car handling now? Do you like the kit?

Here is some recent feedback on the Johnny O'Connell package:

Originally Posted by Fred S
At the moment we are on a driving holiday in Italy, great food, and superb mountain passes. We come to the same spot for years and know the roads very well. Roads like the Stelvio, Jaufen, Marmolada, Timmelsjoch and the Penser Joch pass. I have only the Johhny O'Connel shocks installed but already there is a noticeable difference on how the car reacts to bumps in the road. The roads are not that good and tarmac is often repaired with large patches, these used unsettle the car a bit, nothing to worry, I was used to that. Now with the new shocks the car seems more planted, it doesn't step the back out and I can feed in the power earlier. I made a few movies with my camera that I will post as soon as we get back.
I'm very pleased with the shocks, and can't wait to install a set of matching sway bars.
jbsblownc5 has also put together a review and video of how the package is working for his Corvette. You can see his feedback here: jbsblownc5 Video review!

Old 09-07-2011, 06:22 AM
mfquinn
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sent you a PM a few days ago with a question. No answer yet?
Old 09-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mfquinn
Sent you a PM a few days ago with a question. No answer yet?
Hey there. As I'm sure you can understand Johnny is really busy with this race schedule, and will most likely only be available for special occasions. We haven't received a PM to our inbox from you, so it sounds like you PMed Johnny. If you have any technical questions you would like answered please send them over to us and we can make sure they're answered!

We are hoping to one day organize another Q&A with Johnny and CorvetteForum, but right now he's pretty focused on the rest of his season in the Cadillac. If you've got any questions please send them over to us and we will make sure they get answered!

In the mean time, the group buy continues to move along! Next Friday is the last day to take advantage of this killer deal!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:09 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VGLNTE1
T1 also includes stiffer leaf springs, modified upper control arms with revised geometry, as well as stiffer bushings (along with sways and shocks).

It is pretty expensive and it is all or nothing, but it is a proven kit. This option looks like a good deal for those not wanting to invest $5k into a T1 kit that will be very rough on the street.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:12 PM
mfquinn
Pro

My bad, didn't mean to PM him. I am interested in just the end links. I already purchased shocks and bars but still have the OEM end links. Are these available and if so, how much please.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Excellent products and price for a combination DD/Track car!

Jim
Old 09-08-2011, 11:41 PM
blackdak318
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Waiting patiently until this gets close to 20. Sounds like there are probably a lot of people like me who are only interested if this gets to the 20 plus price point. Is there any way I can call and give you my information but put a stipulation on my order that I can only be charged if it reaches 20 people? I'd like to add myself to the count but only for the $800 dollar package.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:19 AM
72Vega
Racer

PM sent
Old 09-09-2011, 11:45 AM
TmillerC5
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by blackdak318
Waiting patiently until this gets close to 20. Sounds like there are probably a lot of people like me who are only interested if this gets to the 20 plus price point. Is there any way I can call and give you my information but put a stipulation on my order that I can only be charged if it reaches 20 people? I'd like to add myself to the count but only for the $800 dollar package.
but just need the bars
Old 09-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

If everyone who said they were in were able to provide us with billing information we would easily be in the 13-14 range.

Don't be scared folks, even at it's current discount level the JO package is a great deal for the money. Let the power of the group buy work for you and get in while the group buy is on!
Old 09-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Hey guys!

New count is now 6 in the group buy!

These users on Corvette forum have shown interest (not including emails we have received):
johnsos30
Rockbridge
Xedes
Craig P
crash49ss
sallen619
ruquik
gatoloco
Toney

If they all signed up that would put the current count at 15. Keep putting those orders in and save everyone some cash! 15 is awfully close to our goal of 20!
Old 09-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

New Count for the group buy is 8.

Get notified of new replies

To The official group buy for Johnny O’Connell suspension

Old 09-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Group buy number is now 9

Awfully close to 10!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:50 PM
jwbert
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I just installed this product on my Z, seems pretty awesome so far, although haven't had it on the track yet, it seems a bit harsher on the
street, which is to be expected. I definitely would encourage anyone sitting on the fence to go for it. I'll bet the C5 and base C6's would really see a change for the better.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Update: Count is currently 10!

That means current pricing is:

Johnny O’Connell Shocks $495
Johnny O’Connell Swaybars and Endlinks $562.5
Johnny O’Connell Stage 1 Package (Shocks and swaybars and endlinks) $900

Lets keep the ball rolling, 20 isn't that far away!

Quick Reply: The official group buy for Johnny O’Connell suspension