Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1999 C5 T1 Corvette For Sale – Project Car

Old 09-04-2011, 02:53 PM
MattT1
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 C5 T1 Corvette For Sale – Project Car

Approximately 13k original miles

The car was originally built by Phoenix Performance and has been a race car all its life. I have been the owner of the car for the past five years although I only raced it for three seasons. When I purchased the car from Phoenix Performance they had just freshened the car with an all new drivetrain, exhaust system, and paint. Since then I've competed in about 6 Regionals and 16 National races.

The car sustained front-end damage at a National race in Buttonwillow, CA. The LF fender hit a tire barrier with the main impact point just in front of the LF tire. Both frame rails are bent just in front of the forward upper A-arm mount point. The radiator, one headlight assembly, and hood and are still good but the remaining bodywork needs to be replaced, along with new frame rails. I believe the engine cradle, suspension, and steering are ok, but I haven't inspected them thoroughly. I would replace the upper A-arms due to the proximity of where the frame rails bent. I have a lot of pictures showing the current condition of the car that I can share.

This is a standard Phoenix T1 build plus the following:

Before Crash

Side That Hit Tire Barrier

The car is repairable and would make a good project for someone. I would prefer to see it back on the racetrack rather than get parted out.

Asking $11,000 for everything
          Located in Phoenix, AZ

Matt Humrick
          kepler_76@yahoo.com
          Old 09-04-2011, 03:27 PM
          fatbillybob
          Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

I emailed you matt. contact me if you did not get my email
          fatbillybob@yahoo.com

Search this Thread
          Quick Reply: 1999 C5 T1 Corvette For Sale – Project Car