Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for information on track seat install

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 02:45 PM
pennington
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for information on track seat install

I just installed some sparco evo 2 plus in c6 z06, I did not hook up the factory seat belts to anything or the race seat set up (Harness bar and harnesses with the race seat). I knew from previous experience that you can not put the car in competition mode or turn off TC/AH systems without the seat belt connected. How did you get around this? It looks like their are wires to the connecting side of the factory belts, but the wires run back to one of the wire harness connectors. Looking for some help from someone who already solved this problem. Thanks
Old 09-08-2011, 03:04 PM
mfquinn
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not sure what you mean. When I put on my harness, the factory 3 point belt is not hooked up and I have none of the electronic harness connected, yet I can put it in comp mode or shut off everything. The two wires coming from the explosive seat belt rod (yellow and black) are not hooked to anything and it hasn't stopped me from shutting off the nanies.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:43 PM
pennington
Cruising

I noticed before the install, when I would get in and get ready to go out on track, I could not put the car in comp mode until the door was closed and the seat belt buckled up. it an 09 if that makes a difference.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:55 PM
mfquinn
Pro

Interesting. I have a 2008 and I can put it in comp mode(or shut everything off) with no seat belts buckeled and the door open.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:31 PM
pennington
Cruising

Default Forget this whole thread

It goes into comp and can turn off all nannies, some days I swear I'm on drugs or something probably that misspent youth
Old 09-08-2011, 07:04 PM
MR Turco
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I removed my stock seat, with nothing plugged in the car doesn't care. No issues going into competition mode, not that i ever use it. Just shut it off.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:11 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Just a note to those of us that are doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me included!! GM says that in all likelihood the drivers and passenger air bags will not deploy!!! When everything is disconnected from the floor. So if you are streeting the car in this configuration, there is not air bag protection. ??? Has anyone had crash with this setup and found otherwise?? Just curious??? JD
Old 09-08-2011, 07:17 PM
mfquinn
Pro

That is my worry also

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for information on track seat install

Quick Reply: Looking for information on track seat install