Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any S Florida guys w/ racing seats ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:03 PM
taken19
Track Junky

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Tech Contributor

Default Any S Florida guys w/ racing seats ?

Hey guys, I'm looking for a racing seat that will fit a 6 point harness but would like to sit in a few before making a purchase. Any of you guys in S Florida I could meet up with to take a peak?

In addition, what do you guys recommend that is a reasonable price and made to accept a 6 point harness. I hear Corbeau FX1 is a good entry level seat, but it looks like its only made for a 5 point. Please recommend manufacturer and vendor including mounting bracket.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sean
Old 09-09-2011, 09:35 PM
mfquinn
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the seat has a sub strap hole in it, then it can be used with a 5 or 6 point harness. It would be the harness that you purchase that determines this. If you are getting a fixed back racing seat that uses side mounts, then something like the harbar seat rails work well with the corvette and both the lap straps and the sub strap(s) can hook to it. If you use the lap belt bar that hooks to the two back seat bolts, then again the lap belts and the sub strap belts hook to it. They also make a bar that is used when just using a 5 point harness. A 6 point is the best way to go and is accepted at all types of events.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:23 PM
msracing
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 2 Posts
Default racing seats

Hey Sean ,,funny you ask, i am installing a set of sparco evo 2 in my c6 that we use mostly for track events.. we just goT a pair in and are waiting for a set of slider that are made with 5 and 6 point in mind...

these seat are super nice and fit very well .. i also know were you can get a super deal on them... the only draw back is they are a bitch to get out of if you are going to use them as a daily driver... but they will really hold you in when you are at the track...i live in the kendall area.. we should have the slider sometime next week and would be happy to let you sit in them...

MANNY
Old 09-11-2011, 08:48 AM
taken19
Track Junky

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by msracing
Hey Sean ,,funny you ask, i am installing a set of sparco evo 2 in my c6 that we use mostly for track events.. we just goT a pair in and are waiting for a set of slider that are made with 5 and 6 point in mind...

these seat are super nice and fit very well .. i also know were you can get a super deal on them... the only draw back is they are a bitch to get out of if you are going to use them as a daily driver... but they will really hold you in when you are at the track...i live in the kendall area.. we should have the slider sometime next week and would be happy to let you sit in them...

MANNY
Manny, thanks for the invite. I'll try to touch base with you in about a week to see if they are ready.

If I do go with a racing seat, I would like the swap to be relatively easy since I still want it for a weekend cruiser for now. I'm also looking at the pass through grommets to modify my existing seat.

Sean
Old 09-11-2011, 08:50 AM
taken19
Track Junky

Tech Contributor

Thanks for clarifying. I do have a 6 point and the vetteworks mounting bracket on the way, so I should be good there. unfortunately I don't have a lot of track/safety specific knowledge or experience so i'm trying to learn as much as I can now and not the hard way on the track...

Sean

Originally Posted by mfquinn
If the seat has a sub strap hole in it, then it can be used with a 5 or 6 point harness. It would be the harness that you purchase that determines this. If you are getting a fixed back racing seat that uses side mounts, then something like the harbar seat rails work well with the corvette and both the lap straps and the sub strap(s) can hook to it. If you use the lap belt bar that hooks to the two back seat bolts, then again the lap belts and the sub strap belts hook to it. They also make a bar that is used when just using a 5 point harness. A 6 point is the best way to go and is accepted at all types of events.

Get notified of new replies

To Any S Florida guys w/ racing seats ?

Quick Reply: Any S Florida guys w/ racing seats ?