Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 add on oil cooler

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 12:09 PM
DRUGschnorr
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS3 add on oil cooler

have a z51 w/ a Z06 oil cooler.. want to add another.. does anyone have an idea where i can tapp into the oiling system in the front of the engine? want to avoid the headers..

Tried the stock location and burned the hose after a spirited run on the streets.. glad it was not on the track... would have been very unpopular.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:24 PM
tomiboy
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

How much did just the one Z06 cooler help?
Old 09-21-2011, 01:43 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

you can't just tap into the system, you must have a feed and return. There are feeds in the front of the engine (often used for accusump) but I don't know of a return. And you can't just dump it back into the pan somewhere, or you'll bleed off your pressure.

I think you just need to route your line better, often between the block and engine mounts will protect them from the heat
Old 09-21-2011, 03:53 PM
DRUGschnorr
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

otay got it i think... will report later..
1. adding the z06 cooler helps when the temps are normal.. but texas has been hotter than he** this summer.

going to get another stock steel tubing... remove the slip-in connector from the stock air cooler...run it into the radiator... use a new hose from rad to air cooler and leave return side alone... wish me luck

tried it last month w/ all steel hose and failed at the headers... just too close a fit..
Old 09-21-2011, 03:54 PM
DRUGschnorr
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

stock steel tubing is against the engine block below the motor mounts.. so Dave you are right again...

Get notified of new replies

To LS3 add on oil cooler

Quick Reply: LS3 add on oil cooler