Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aquiring a high speed license.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Mr.Anderson
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default aquiring a high speed license.

I would like to compete in a NCCC high speed autox competion which is coming up in Oct. How can I acquire a HS license? Any info would be appriciated.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson
I would like to compete in a NCCC high speed autox competion which is coming up in Oct. How can I acquire a HS license? Any info would be appriciated.
Do you meet the requirements that are specified in the rule book and by your Regional Competition Director? Some RCDs have more stringent rules than the Rule Book has. Your Club Governor can provide you with contact Info for the RCD or can contact the RCD for you.

Where do you live?

Bill
Old 09-22-2011, 08:11 PM
ipuig
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

If your car is a convertible you will not be able to participte in high speed events without an approved roll bar.

https://93075438.domainhost.com/Hand...eneralInfo.pdf

1.7.2. HIGH SPEED CERTIFICATION
1. Applicant must compete in at least ten (10) low speed Autocrosses. (Matching Times Events, MT do not count) within the preceding eighteen (18) months in order to obtain certification to compete in NCCC High Speed Events. The ten events must have taken place over a minimum of three (3) weekends.
2. Proof of completion of a recognized performance driving school within the preceding eighteen (18) months in lieu of ten (10) autocrosses would also satisfy certification requirements.
A. Any group, other than a professionally recognized performance driving school, must provide a copy of their detailed training to the RCD’s for review and approval on anannual basis, utilizing the NCCC High Speed Driving School Recommended Guideline posted on the Competition Section of the NCCC Website. (01/10)
3. At the time of application for High Speed Certification, applicant must be a NCCC member in good standing. Proof of experience will be provided by the applicants to their Regional Competition Director. Proof does not have to be NCCC events only, may be events of any recognized sanctioning body.
4. The Vice President-Competition is authorized to approve certification in the absence of the RCD.
5. Once obtained, the High Speed Certification shall be valid for a period of three (3) years. Proof of participation in at least one high speed event during the three year period, or meeting the requirements stated above for a new certificate shall be presented to the applicable RCD for renewal. Renewal shall be for a period of three (3) years from the date of expiration.
6. The penalties for allowing a NCCC entrant without High Speed Certification or a Non-NCCC entrant without equivalent experience to compete in a High Speed Event is the loss of that entrant’s points/awards and loss of Host Club’s points.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:57 AM
urtoslo
Pro

Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson
If you belong to an NCCC East region club, you need to attend an HPDE to qualify for your NCCC high speed license. NASA, SCCA, FATT all have programs that will give you that experience.

Andrej Balanc
Governor, NVCC
Old 09-23-2011, 08:10 AM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

It was easier to get a comp license.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:31 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Jason
It was easier to get a comp license.
Fortunately thats not true. I don't have a car to take the comp school. I also have no desire to do anything but instruct and time trials.
I've had my NCCC high speed license longer than my time trial license

An approved HPDE weekend or two is usually the minimum. Adrej is in the east region and they don't take the 10 low speed autocrosses to issue a high speed - for good reason. There have been issues in the past.
Here in the Southeast region the 10 low speed autocrosses will get your license if Don has run with you.
NCCC high speed events are usually one car timed events. There may be other cars on the track but they are spaced so you won't come up on them and others won't come up on you.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:55 PM
vettehardt
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jaa1992
Fortunately thats not true. I don't have a car to take the comp school. I also have no desire to do anything but instruct and time trials.
I've had my NCCC high speed license longer than my time trial license

An approved HPDE weekend or two is usually the minimum. Adrej is in the east region and they don't take the 10 low speed autocrosses to issue a high speed - for good reason. There have been issues in the past.
Here in the Southeast region the 10 low speed autocrosses will get your license if Don has run with you.
NCCC high speed events are usually one car timed events. There may be other cars on the track but they are spaced so you won't come up on them and others won't come up on you.
That is not the way it is supposed to work. The RCD does not have the right to restrict someone who qualifies for a license according to the rule book. 10 races over 3 weekends and you get your license. RCDs are not the great an powerful OZ. They are there to ensure the rulebook is followed.

9 out of 10 incidents on a track are not from the "new" drivers. It is from people like us who think they can get just that little bit extra out of the car and go over the edge. The new drivers usually are too timid to push their car past it's limit.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:15 PM
w0zpy
6th Gear

Does a Ron Fellows certificate count for this as it is a driving school ....
Old 05-14-2020, 12:37 PM
LilNutSac
Melting Slicks

Received 519 Likes on 286 Posts

It certifies you have a printer..

Look at all that crap! Ima just streetrace instead, thanks!
Old 05-14-2020, 01:28 PM
w0zpy
6th Gear

Originally Posted by LilNutSac
It certifies you have a printer..

Look at all that crap! Ima just streetrace instead, thanks!

Well I did do the class matter of fact did real well in it as I was put in with the ZO6's while I was in a GS.....

Get notified of new replies

To aquiring a high speed license.

Quick Reply: aquiring a high speed license.