Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will Corbeau FX1's (not the FX1 Pro's) fit in a '94 C4?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 01:59 PM
gtb75
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Will Corbeau FX1's (not the FX1 Pro's) fit in a '94 C4?

I've done some searching, but haven't found an answer... I just picked up a '94 C4 to use as a dedicated track car, and it needs new seats. It seems FX1 Pro's fit fine in the car, but has anybody tried to put a standard FX1 (slightly wider) in a '94 C4? The FX1's fit me great and while I could probably make the FX1 Pro's work, I'd like to have the extra size if I can pull it off. Based on my measurements, it looks like the standard FX1 would be a tight fit at best. Has anybody been able to get them to fit?

I'm also going to post this in the C4 section, but if anybody here has other suggestions on fiberglass seats (don't want to go Kirkey or Ultra-Shield) which would be good for a bigger guy and would fit in a '94 C4, I'd definitely appreciate the feedback

Last edited by gtb75; 09-30-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

Looks like 22"

http://www.corbeau.com/products/fixe...seats/fx1_pro/

I barely got the 19.5" A4's in my car (see my thread). You might be able to get them to fit but would likely need to cut and weld the tunnel or the outboard side for more room.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:01 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

I don't think so... the FX1s are too wide unless you are wiling to take off your door panels. We sell alot of Corbeau seats and can help you with your needs.
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Old 09-30-2011, 04:49 PM
gtb75
Instructor

Andrew - I've seen you around before... I'm the novice group leader with MFBA and run with NASA as well. Anyways, I measured the FX1 at Northstar and it is indeed 22" wide... The car I just bought (from a fellow CF and NASA member) has a gutted interior with aluminum door skins. Here's a shot of the interior: http://gtb75.smugmug.com/Other/94-C4...459122_VjWk2fG

It currently has a Corbeau Forza on the passenger side and an Ultra-Shield on the driver's side. Both seats need replacement (for various reasons) and I want to go to something with the Corbeau double-locking rails so other instructors can drive the car without too much hassle. Based on what I've already read, I know the FX1 Pro's will fit. That being said, I'm wondering if I can pull off the standard FX1's if I get rid of the parking brake lever (which is broken anyways)?

TPSMak - I may give you a ring depending on what other feedback I get... I called Corbeau and they gave me a "maybe" answer based on my gutted interior, but weren't 100% sure.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:04 AM
gtb75
Instructor

Bump for any additional feedback... Anybody else with any insight on this one?
Old 10-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Kinkajou
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 10-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Originally Posted by gtb75
Andrew - I've seen you around before... I'm the novice group leader with MFBA and run with NASA as well. Anyways, I measured the FX1 at Northstar and it is indeed 22" wide... The car I just bought (from a fellow CF and NASA member) has a gutted interior with aluminum door skins. Here's a shot of the interior: http://gtb75.smugmug.com/Other/94-C4...459122_VjWk2fG

It currently has a Corbeau Forza on the passenger side and an Ultra-Shield on the driver's side. Both seats need replacement (for various reasons) and I want to go to something with the Corbeau double-locking rails so other instructors can drive the car without too much hassle. Based on what I've already read, I know the FX1 Pro's will fit. That being said, I'm wondering if I can pull off the standard FX1's if I get rid of the parking brake lever (which is broken anyways)?

TPSMak - I may give you a ring depending on what other feedback I get... I called Corbeau and they gave me a "maybe" answer based on my gutted interior, but weren't 100% sure.

Thanks for the feedback so far guys!
Sorry I missed this! Cool car!!!

I just removed the double locking sliders from my seats, you're welcome to them if you want them. I found I just did not use the slide feature and now the seats are lower (YES!). Plus the sliders weigh quite a bit. LMK, I can bring them to the NASA Road America event.

The parking brake is gone on mine too. There is very very little room with the A4's in there. I really think you would need to do body work to get a 22" seat in.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:27 AM
gtb75
Instructor

Originally Posted by Aardwolf
Sorry I missed this! Cool car!!!

I just removed the double locking sliders from my seats, you're welcome to them if you want them. I found I just did not use the slide feature and now the seats are lower (YES!). Plus the sliders weigh quite a bit. LMK, I can bring them to the NASA Road America event.

The parking brake is gone on mine too. There is very very little room with the A4's in there. I really think you would need to do body work to get a 22" seat in.

Would you believe I paid $5k for the car (including the extra wheels and headers)?!?! I had to pay $1050 to ship it up to IL, but it was still a great deal! I'm planning to sell the C5Z chrome reproduction wheels since I ordered a set of TSW's in 18x10.5 so I can run race scrubs from Greg and Todd. If you or anybody you know is interested in them, let me know... I'll sell them for cheap!

As for your rails, I actually already have a set on the way to me from Corbeau (they already shipped - I just checked)... I ordered them so I could test fit the FX1 Northstar has in their showroom. It sounds like it won't fit, but I want to give it a shot anyway before going with the FX1 Pro's.

I'll be at NASA Sunday (spectating), so I'll keep an eye out for you!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:11 PM
gtb75
Instructor

Just wanted to post an update... The standard FX1 fits (just)

Keep in mind my car has no carpeting and no parking brake (just removed it), but it just barely fits. I'm using the Corbeau double-locking slide rails and have no problem moving the seat. I will say that there is no way it would have cleared if the parking brake was still in the car. I still need to see if the passenger side fits, but I'm guessing it shouldn't be a problem since there's more room on that side.

Hope this information helps somebody down the road
Old 10-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

That is good news!

The event was awesome!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:13 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Need PICTURES!!!!!!!

I'm trying to figure if I go with an aluminum seat or something else.
Did the door skins give you more room?

Get notified of new replies

To Will Corbeau FX1's (not the FX1 Pro's) fit in a '94 C4?

Quick Reply: Will Corbeau FX1's (not the FX1 Pro's) fit in a '94 C4?