Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Dry Sump (Non GM)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 08:06 PM
throwit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default WTB: Dry Sump (Non GM)

I know its a long shot, but if any one has a non GM dry sump they are willing to part with, I am interested. It does not have to be the entire system, if you have individual parts I am still interested.

Thx
Old 11-16-2011, 10:49 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I've got a johnson's 5 stage ford pump. I bought it used in excellent condition and then sent it to johnson's to be completely gone through. I was told a new one was around $3000. I'd take half that.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:14 AM
throwit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by trackboss
I've got a johnson's 5 stage ford pump. I bought it used in excellent condition and then sent it to johnson's to be completely gone through. I was told a new one was around $3000. I'd take half that.
Thanks for the offer.

Im not very familiar with that pump at all, 5 stage sounds intimidating ...is that the "Johnsons Stealth 5 Stage Dry Sump Pump"?

Is it designed for a ford motor?

I did a quick search online for the johnsons 5 stage and saw the aforementioned pump running used around $500-$700...not sure if they are exactly what you have though.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:27 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

The one I have is designed for a ford motor. Johnson's are top of the line pumps. They are crazy expensive compared to other pumps, but there is a difference. When I bought mine I completely disassembled it to see what it was all about and realized why. I've also had an aviaid in the past and there is absolutely no comparison in design, quality, tolerances, etc. It's pretty rare to see them for sale used. Johnson's have a lifetime warranty.
As I mentioned above, I bought mine used, but had johnson's completely go through it even though everything looked like brand new. That cost a few hundred bucks.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: Dry Sump (Non GM)

Quick Reply: WTB: Dry Sump (Non GM)