Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers and Canton remote adapter

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 11:56 AM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Headers and Canton remote adapter

Anyone used headers with one of these? I would like to know if there are fitment issues. Currently my oil cooler lines go over the top of the stock manifolds - wondering if headers will pose and issue.

https://www.cantonracingproducts.com...ion&key=22-593

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:24 PM
C5ZEE06
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have Kooks LTs and its tight, but with the right assortment of an fitting (45's etc) its definitely do-able.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:33 PM
RX-Ben
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks. Probably going to get the XSPowers (much like ARH's), but assume fitment will be similar.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:35 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I've never used that type. I've always used the adapter block that mounts just on top of the filter area and repalces the temp sensor housing. The lines go under the manifold and between the engine block and engine mount. With stock mounts it's a tight fit with AN-10 fittings/lines, but with the Pfadt mounts it's easy. I used the LPE block on my old Z06 which had Kooks headers w/o issue. On the current car I have the DRM kit which has the TPIS adapter block. I do remember getting the Kooks header back in place with the adapter block in was a PITA. I ended up fishing the lines while leaving the adapter block unbolted, then fishing the header in place, letting the header hang down and then bolting up the adpater block... it kind of sucked. I really much prefer my stock manifolds

TPIS/DRM setup with Pfadt mounts

LPE block with Kooks

A few things I like better about the TPIS block:

1. The AN ports are threded in so if youe ver messed one up the block itself isn't damaged. The LPE block is one solid piece.

2. The oil temp sensor is in a better place that doesn't pull on the wire as much. The LPE block had the wire very tight.

3. The TPIS block uses the OEM bolts which are easier to tighten vs. the allen-headed screws the LPE block required.

Old 11-22-2011, 04:57 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by travisnd
A few things I like better about the TPIS block:

1. The AN ports are threded in so if youe ver messed one up the block itself isn't damaged. The LPE block is one solid piece.

2. The oil temp sensor is in a better place that doesn't pull on the wire as much. The LPE block had the wire very tight.

3. The TPIS block uses the OEM bolts which are easier to tighten vs. the allen-headed screws the LPE block required.

As one who wrestled with LPE adapter, wire was tight and the allen head screws are a b!#*h!!! ECS also has one similar to the TPIS. LPE does have a port for turbo if you decided to upgrade someday.

Get notified of new replies

To Headers and Canton remote adapter

Quick Reply: Headers and Canton remote adapter