Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Out of town - need a good mechanic in St Louis

Old 11-26-2011, 12:28 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Out of town - need a good mechanic in St Louis

Mods,

I put this thread in this section to get some recommendations from people I trust. Less riff-raff than the other sections. Thanks for understanding.

All,

Southeastern Z06 racer needing some help.

I am in Fairview Heights with my mother inlaw and need a good, reputable mechanic on the east side (IL) of St. Louis. I drove her 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee yesterday and the clutch packs in the rear end are on their way out. When you drive it in a tight circle, the inside tire will moan, bind and hop.

My father inlaw passed a couple of days ago and I would like to get something arranged on the repair before I leave the area next week. East St. Louis (yeah right), Collinsville, Fairview Heights, Belleville, Caseyville, out to the Scott AFB area.

Let me know if anyone has any leads. You can PM me or reply via this thread. Thanks in advance and I greatly appreciate it.

-Kevin
Old 11-26-2011, 07:02 PM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Try PMing Tmiller or Gary2K they are both from the St Louis area and should be able to lead you in the right direction.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:08 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Why not try swapping the fluid with some limited slip additive first?
Old 11-26-2011, 07:13 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks, Joel, will do.

"Trav" -- Lack of time and tools mainly. My wife is the only child and my MIL does not have any family left here at all. So unfortunately, there are other important things that I need to do over the next couple of days to help her get everything in order.

I did a brake job on her car today and I feel better about it now. I have had rear ends act exactly like what the Jeep is doing now and it just feels like it needs a full rebuild to me.

-Kevin

Get notified of new replies

To Out of town - need a good mechanic in St Louis

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Out of town - need a good mechanic in St Louis