Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my alignment is good but IF I lower it more......

Old 12-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Alludc
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default my alignment is good but IF I lower it more......

I did an agressive street alignment on my car per suggestions on this forum and I love it. But Im thinking Id like it a touch lower than I put it before the alignment. Mostly just for this wkds autox. So I was planning on marking where it is now and then dropping another 1/2" or so front and rear. Id like to think this will just simply lower me and give me a touch more camber. Im also sure that I am wrong and I am better off leaving the height were it is until next time I want to change the alignment.

what say you?

Old 12-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

It'll change your toe also.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:28 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

What you may LIKE and what works best are two different things

Lowered cars look cool as heck . .

In parking lots.

But if you drive it

Leave it where it is.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:39 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Alludc
I did an agressive street alignment on my car per suggestions on this forum and I love it. But Im thinking Id like it a touch lower than I put it before the alignment. Mostly just for this wkds autox. So I was planning on marking where it is now and then dropping another 1/2" or so front and rear. Id like to think this will just simply lower me and give me a touch more camber. Im also sure that I am wrong and I am better off leaving the height were it is until next time I want to change the alignment.

what say you?

Ride height is done BEFORE alignment.

If you change it, redo the alignment.

In spite of a lot of opinion to the contrary, I like my car fully lowered (in the front & with stock adjusters) and then adjust the rear for the handling you want.

Lower CG is never bad.

You must make sure your shock package is correct for the height & bump steer correction is probably a good idea although within the stock adjuster range I did not feel much bump steer introduced. Spring rates need to be sufficient so the car doesn't "bottom out" of course.

If you learn to do your own alignments, none of this is very hard. If you go to a "regular" alignment shop you may be dissapointed with their understanding of what you want to accomplish, go to a race track oriented shop for better results.

If you are not prepared to deal with all the above as a total system, then leave it where you have it & go have some fun.

Last edited by froggy47; 12-03-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Alludc
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im halfway lowered on stock bolts as it is, and love the look and the handling. especially mixed with an agressive street alignment. I dont plan to lower it any farther than it is, unless it would have changed camber only. but with a toe change as well...im happy where im at.

its on a c6 z51 front sway and c6z06 shocks.

Get notified of new replies

To my alignment is good but IF I lower it more......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my alignment is good but IF I lower it more......