Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's been there? Gateway Motorsports Park

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Gman57
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Who's been there? Gateway Motorsports Park

Who has ran at the Gateway Motorsports Park in St. Louis? Is it worth a 6 hour drive to get there? I've ran other oval/road courses and it's not my favoite type of track. Although I would consider it if it was a good layout and long enough for higher HP cars.
Thanks for any feed back.
G
Old 12-10-2011, 11:50 PM
BFoster
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 49 Posts

Gary,

i ran gateway in 2005 in my spec miata. front stretch definitely has room to open up your car, but just watch turn 1/2. if you think the transition at iowa speedway is bad, you're in for a treat at gateway. the walls are right there, not much runoff, and a lot of speed! other than that, the rest of the track is fun!

ps- sorry i havent emailed back, ive been working non-stop the last week... crime never sleeps!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:09 AM
SDF
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Gary,
I found a couple of videos on you tube that will give you an idea of the lay out..............

Scott
Old 12-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

I ran it years ago in a f-body, don't remember it being all that special. I'd save the long drive for something better.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Gman57
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first NASA event for the season in the Central region is at Gateway or the Midwest region at Autobahn CC the week after.... Both are about the same travel distance.
Just trying to get a feel for Gateway as the Central region is where I'll do the most with this year. I'll bet the track at ABCC is a better venue and I know that track somewhat

Last edited by Gman57; 12-11-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Who's been there? Gateway Motorsports Park

Quick Reply: Who's been there? Gateway Motorsports Park