Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire choices ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 05:55 PM
LSOHOLIC
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Tire choices ??

Where to start........well......those of you who race your car (HPDE or auto-x, ect) but still drive it on the street, I have a questions for you.

What tires do you run on the street ?? I'm unhappy with the tire selection for the C6Z for the street. I'm making more than stock hp but it seems the tires choices are lame. Its either the $2400 PSC's or the rock hard Invo's....wtf. I tried the NT-05's and they were ok for a while but it seemed the more I drove them the worse they got. And now I think they are worse than the OE tires the car came with.

I ran R888's on a C5Z on the street and they were great but unfortunatly the R888 is not avaliable in C6Z sizes. Whats a guy to do with the C6Z sizes ?? Just be happy with no traction or run a DR (NT-05R) and have no side wall stability.?? Seriously....am I missing something ??

How are all of these C6Z owners happy with these current tire choices ?? Any info or insight would be appreciated...

Thanks......

Old 12-14-2011, 06:37 PM
SoDiezl350
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look at bumping up to 345/30/19 in the rear and you're presented with more options. It sounds like Kumho XS tires would be right up your alley as well.

Last edited by SoDiezl350; 12-14-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:43 PM
LSOHOLIC
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SoDiezl350
Look at bumping up to 345/30/19 in the rear and your presented with more options. It sounds like Kumho XS tires would be right up your alley as well.

Yeah....I'm interested in anything from 325-345...in the 19" range. I'll look into the Kumho's, what is your experiance with them ??

Thanks.....
Old 12-14-2011, 07:24 PM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can wait to February michelin will be out with super sports in stock c6z06 sizes. They will also have 345 30 19. Read the writes UPS on the forum. Good luck with your choice.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:36 PM
SoDiezl350
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LSOHOLIC
Yeah....I'm interested in anything from 325-345...in the 19" range. I'll look into the Kumho's, what is your experiance with them ??

Thanks.....
Never ran them but they are affordable and well reviewed. Here's an excerpt from Grassroots motorsports:
The Kumho ECSTA XS is an excellent tire, and our love from the earlier test was rekindled immediately. Corner entry was on the money with great turn-in response, and the tire really put down the power nicely when coming off the corners. Slaloms were also super-fast. In short, the tire repeated its stellar performance from last issue’s test.
The XS established a strong benchmark average of 35 seconds flat and a quick time of 34.8. The lap times deviated little from one another thanks to the Kumho’s unparalleled driving precision.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/art...-tires-part-2/
Old 12-14-2011, 08:52 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

My friend and I have been running Kumho XS for autocross. They work very well when new. Like most tires, when they get worn out, the grip will be much less. Were on our 2nd. set and when these wear out, we'll be buying another set. There was a rumor that they might be coming out with a new design. Who knows when or what sizes they will be. In the meantime, I wouldn't hesitate on buying XS.

Steve A.

Get notified of new replies

To Tire choices ??

Quick Reply: Tire choices ??