Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will Penske 8200s coilovers work as a suitable repl for my Pfadt shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 12:35 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Will Penske 8200s coilovers work as a suitable repl for my Pfadt shocks?

After losing another of my newly installed ($50) bump stop bushings, I was contemplating switching to T1s shocks and then stumbled on these Penske 8200s:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-p...sway-bars.html

They are probably overkill for monthly HPDEs, but I am sure I could get most of my money back out of them later. They are set up for street and track which is me. Thoughts?
Old 12-15-2011, 03:22 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

If you're in the bump stops enough to break them it usually means the car is too low.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:32 PM
geerookie
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will love them! Ride height issues will be different with coil-overs.

And the bump stops in the Penske's that Richard makes are part of the whole system and ride control.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:15 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

AFAIK, my ride height is stock. I have never changed it. I presume David Farmer checked all that when he did my alignment in the spring of 2010. But that was done before I went to the square set up with the rear Z06 wheels. I may check with David on that. Bump stop issue appears to have started when I went to R80 racing slicks.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It doesn't look like you've really lowered the car much at all which is generally what causes damage to the bumpstops on street cars... but with the grip you're now generating with the Slicks anything you can do to get more spring rate or platform under the car would be really beneficial.

Our FeatherLight Single coilovers would be a great solution for you, especially since they were designed specifically for the C5 and C6 Corvette, but really at this point anything you can do to increase the spring rate when running those slicks and the grip you're now generating with them will be a nice improvement for you on track.

Get notified of new replies

To Will Penske 8200s coilovers work as a suitable repl for my Pfadt shocks?

Quick Reply: Will Penske 8200s coilovers work as a suitable repl for my Pfadt shocks?