Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Quart Accusump

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 04:55 PM
ImaRoadDog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 Quart Accusump

Has anyone tried running a 2 Quart Accusump instead of a 3 qt? Was just wondering if it would be as affective. If so, where did you mount it on your Corvette? I would like to install under the hood somewhere as opposed to left front fender area and thought the 2qt might be easier to locate in the engine compartment area. Your thoughts?
Old 01-22-2012, 11:19 PM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ImaRoadDog
Has anyone tried running a 2 Quart Accusump instead of a 3 qt? Was just wondering if it would be as affective. If so, where did you mount it on your Corvette? I would like to install under the hood somewhere as opposed to left front fender area and thought the 2qt might be easier to locate in the engine compartment area. Your thoughts?
I don't know about C5's/C6's, but I'm planning to move my battery to the back and mount 2 of them where the battery was.

The 3 qt. version is hard to find a place to mount it.

Sure you have to spend more, but it is where you want it and run in series it actually has 4 quarts capacity...WELL more than needed in a track car.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:48 AM
ImaRoadDog
Instructor

If I was going to track dedicate the car I would do the same thing and move the battery to the back for better weight distribution and to make room for the accusump. But I plan on keeping it street legal and mostly stock. Thanks for the info though.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:14 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

The fender is really not that hard to r/r. The space in there lends itself well to an accusump. The engine compartment is already cramped. I would re-consider if I were you. As far as effectiveness I would say an accusump is certainly better than nothing, but my experience is that I still had oiling issues on the track. This is how I did mine:
Old 01-24-2012, 09:01 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Let me know if you go the 2 qt route. I have the mounting clamps, brand new still in box for 2 qt cannister. You can have it for shipping if you do the 2 qt.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:18 AM
ImaRoadDog
Instructor

Thanks for the picture. It looks like I don't have much of a choice but to go with the left front fender idea due to confined space. And yes, If I get the 2qt I will definitely need brackets and will let you know. Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To 2 Quart Accusump

Quick Reply: 2 Quart Accusump