Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on traqmate mounting

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 08:31 AM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Default Opinions on traqmate mounting

I have a C5 and a C6. I would like to be able to move my traqmate easily bewteen cars. I made up a piece of metal to mount to the front passenger seat bolts. On the metal I would mount the traqmate, the traq cam module, a 12V to 110 converter so I can power a Sony HD Camera, and a goosneck to hold the traqmate display. Not sure about the antenna yet, wondering if the magnet would stick to that metal OK plus 2 wire ties acress it. Have a look at the picture to get an idea. Two questions:

1) should it work OK?
2) would it pass an HPDE tech inspection and the inspection for the NCM event at VIR?

Thanks
Old 12-30-2011, 08:41 AM
RDnomorecobra
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

not familiar with NCM but the typical HPDE inspections I go through I think it would be fine. They all typically want to see hard mounts and bolted to the floor qualifies. I see suction cups and loosely applied wire ties get denied.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:59 AM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Thanks. I was planning to screw down the traqmate mounting plate. Interestingly enough, I can't figure out what holds the unit into the mounting plate so I was going to wire tie it in a + pattern. Same for all of the other stuff, except for the gooseneck which would be fastened with at screw, lock washer, and nut.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:35 AM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Several of us just put velcro on the floorboard of the car and on the Traqmate unit. With good velcro, the unit does not move despite pulling 1.7g's in some places. As for the antenna, I have mine stuck to the rear glass with some two sided tape. You could do the same.

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions on traqmate mounting

Quick Reply: Opinions on traqmate mounting