Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cool down sale (Jan 2012)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 05:22 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Cool down sale (Jan 2012)

Well it's that cold time of the year again. It happens every year here in Minnesota. This year has been different record high temps earlier this week in the 50s. The weather has turned for the worse (single digits) so it's important to remember the summer months of selling oil coolers, radiators, and drive train coolers. So why not have a sale!!!

DRM Stand alone engine oil coolers have been extremely popular to racers and street cars alike. The kit includes everything needed to install! The average install time is 3-4 hours in a shop and 6 at home.

We sell this kit in two versions Track and Street!

Here is the link to buy it from our web store, or you can call in the order to our sales staff @ 763-477-9272
http://dougrippie.com/?p=917

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C5 DRM Transmission and Diff coolers keep the rest of the fluids cool during those hot summer months in road racing applications. The install times make this a great winter project.

Both kits together below (EXTRA SAVINGS)
http://dougrippie.com/?p=845

Transmission only
http://dougrippie.com/?p=441

Diff only
http://dougrippie.com/?p=436

Brake ducts
C5 and C6 both on sale for this month only!!!

C5 kit
http://dougrippie.com/?p=496

C6 kit
http://dougrippie.com/?p=498

DRM is a major distributor of Ron Davis Racing Radiators we have many different combinations of radiators and line kits from C3 to C6 Covettes and F-bodies from 1999-2011. All of them are going to be discounted prices, without changing all the prices on the net, please call 763-477-9272 to get the sale price!

The most popular setup has been our C5 radiator with EOC and line kit. We have sold over 100 of these kits with great results. Killing two birds with one stone, knock down the water temps and oil temps with one kit!!! This price has been changed on the website to reflect the sale price.

http://dougrippie.com/?p=834

Due to never doing a winter cooling sale. Some products may have extended shipping times. We will keep you in the loop and work our butts off (stay warm) to make it happen in a timely matter. If the order is placed in this month we will honor the pricing.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

I just ordered some brake ducts, Randy.

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:08 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Falcon

Thanks!
Got the order it will leave tomorrow!

Randy
Old 01-12-2012, 06:18 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

What is the normal price on the trans cooler kits now? I thought they were always $649?
Old 01-12-2012, 06:31 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by stevensa
What is the normal price on the trans cooler kits now? I thought they were always $649?
Fixed to $600.00 per kit.

Randy
Old 01-12-2012, 07:02 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Very nice, how long is the sale?
Old 01-12-2012, 07:22 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by stevensa
Very nice, how long is the sale?
The end of the month.

Randy
Old 01-18-2012, 03:01 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

.. EXTREME COLD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO NOON CST THURSDAY...

* TEMPERATURE... DANGEROUS WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES OF 30 TO 35 BELOW CAN BE EXPECTED LATE TONIGHT INTO THURSDAY MORNING... WITH NORTHWEST WINDS RANGING FROM 25 TO 30 MPH.

* IMPACTS... RAPIDLY FALLING TEMPERATURES DURING THE EVENING TO BELOW ZERO READINGS BEFORE MIDNIGHT. DANGEROUS WIND CHILLS WILL DEVELOP BY MIDNIGHT.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

AN EXTREME COLD WARNING MEAN THAT DANGEROUSLY LOW TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED FOR A PROLONGED PERIOD OF TIME. FROSTBITE AND HYPOTHERMIA ARE LIKELY IF EXPOSED TO THESE TEMPERATURES... SO MAKE SURE A HAT AND HEAVY GLOVES OR MITTENS ARE AVAILABLE.

&&
More Information

... FIRST REAL ARCTIC BLAST OF THE WINTER MOVING INTO THE REGION...

.AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT PUSHING ACROSS NORTHWEST MINNESOTA WILL SWEEP ACROSS THE GOPHER STATE EARLY THIS EVENING AND THEN PUSH ACROSS WISCONSIN. BITTER COLD TEMPERATURES AND GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS OF 25 TO 30 MPH WILL FOLLOW THE FRONT. TEMPERATURES WILL DROP BELOW ZERO OVER ALL OF CENTRAL MINNESOTA BEFORE MIDNIGHT RESULTING IN DANGEROUS WIND CHILL VALUES OF 30 TO 35 BELOW ZERO. AN EXTREME COLD WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR AREAS NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM NEAR REDWOOD FALLS TO ELK RIVER..TO CAMBRIDGE. THE DANGEROUS WIND CHILLS WILL PERSIST THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING... AS OVERNIGHT LOW TEMPERATURES DIP TO THE 10 TO 15 BELOW RANGE.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:07 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I the the track kit with the Setrab 625 cooler. Car won't get out of the 250s even during extended race use at VIR in 100 degree summer heat.

On thing I'll add... if you mount it in the center of the radiator cavity like the instructions show you'll have too much slack in the lines. Mounting it toward the passenger side takes care of this
Old 01-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Alludc
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bump for you because im in the prime autox season here. 73deg
Old 01-18-2012, 05:29 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Hey Randy,

I need to do something on my stock c5z.

The oc in the rad seems ideal, but the LAST thing I want is to have to do it over again with an external oc.

For hpde running that is maybe just short of TT is that "in the radiator" oc enough?

Old 01-19-2012, 06:25 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Randy just ordered oil adapter and line kit to go with my Ron Davis Rad.

Great customer as usual.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon

Thanks!
Got it yesterday, Randy!!

Many thanks!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:24 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Randy,

Have a tech. question related to this. I have your external oil only cooler kit but the heat exchanger I think is the smaller (street) one. Is it possible to purchase just the larger (race) external heat exchanger and bolt that right on? In other words, are the street/race external oil cooler kits the same except for the heat exchanger size? I wouldn't want to re-install the oil filter adapter since I have headers and it was work to get it in there the first time.

Thanks,

Andy
Old 01-23-2012, 09:57 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by froggy47
Hey Randy,

I need to do something on my stock c5z.

The oc in the rad seems ideal, but the LAST thing I want is to have to do it over again with an external oc.

For hpde running that is maybe just short of TT is that "in the radiator" oc enough?

RPM seems to be the biggest factor when it comes to oil cooling. Then horsepower comes in a close 2nd. If you aren't crazy on the horsepower and keep the RPM's down in the mid 6000 range. Then no problems at all running the EOC in the desert like tracks.

Not long ago we were selling the EOC radiators like hot cakes and everyone was very happy with them. Then over the past couple of years the stand alone EOC became very popular. In 2011 we sold a 50/50 split in radiator eoc vs stand alone eoc.

Randy
Old 01-23-2012, 10:47 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sothpaw2
Randy,

Have a tech. question related to this. I have your external oil only cooler kit but the heat exchanger I think is the smaller (street) one. Is it possible to purchase just the larger (race) external heat exchanger and bolt that right on? In other words, are the street/race external oil cooler kits the same except for the heat exchanger size? I wouldn't want to re-install the oil filter adapter since I have headers and it was work to get it in there the first time.

Thanks,

Andy
Andy,
The coolers will interchange on the bracket. The only problem is you may have to move the cooler to the driver's side a tick. No need to remove the block adapter.

Randy
Old 01-23-2012, 11:22 AM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
RPM seems to be the biggest factor when it comes to oil cooling. Then horsepower comes in a close 2nd. If you aren't crazy on the horsepower and keep the RPM's down in the mid 6000 range. Then no problems at all running the EOC in the desert like tracks.

Not long ago we were selling the EOC radiators like hot cakes and everyone was very happy with them. Then over the past couple of years the stand alone EOC became very popular. In 2011 we sold a 50/50 split in radiator eoc vs stand alone eoc.

Randy
Is my stock c5z oil pump enough to push the oil thru an OC (the c5z, of course, never came with an OC)?
Old 01-23-2012, 11:24 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by froggy47
Is my stock c5z oil pump enough to push the oil thru an OC (the c5z, of course, never came with an OC)?
Yes... you may get a very brief (2 seconds) "LOW OIL PRESSURE" warning on the DIC at start-up, but it's a non-issue. On my old Z06 I had a Dewitts radiator with the EOC on the left side (was a street car) and I would get this. After I put a cam in it along with a LS4 high volume pump the message went away.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:35 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by travisnd
Yes... you may get a very brief (2 seconds) "LOW OIL PRESSURE" warning on the DIC at start-up, but it's a non-issue. On my old Z06 I had a Dewitts radiator with the EOC on the left side (was a street car) and I would get this. After I put a cam in it along with a LS4 high volume pump the message went away.

Randy

Get notified of new replies

To Cool down sale (Jan 2012)

Quick Reply: Cool down sale (Jan 2012)