Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lingenfelter mini tubs

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 09:24 AM
repman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lingenfelter mini tubs

Guys need a little help , I am interested in a car that is equipped with lingenfelter mini tubs I was initially excited because I could get a 345 tire under it but in doing some research I discovered they use a new shock bracket and add a limiting washer on the shock. I will not be drag racing this car but doing 6-8 DE events a year plus street use so road course ability is a must.
I called lingenfelter and asked if the change in shock mounting and limiting adversly affected the geometry for road racing and he could not answer but stated they mainly make that for drag racing applications .

Does anyone here have any feedback or experience with these I plan to run coilovers if I decide there is no issue with geometry.

Thanks for any feedback.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

On my 97' I run lingenfelter mini tubs w/o shock limiting brackets/ washers on the OEM F45 suspension w/o issue at VIR/CMP running a 345 tire on a HRE 18 x 12 wheel.
The only real reason for the limiter is to keep the inside wheel off the upper a arms at full suspension travel (wheels off ground).
I can take the wheel off w/o issue when my car is on the lift...........but you don't want run the car on the lift in gear as the inside wheel will contact the upper a-arm

IF you ever get full suspension travel on course..........I think a whole lot worse than wheel scrub is about to happen

I have posted pics in the past if ya need to see it
Old 01-24-2012, 09:40 AM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 646 Likes on 388 Posts

I have the LPE mini tubs on my car and run a 335/30-19 tire on an 19x12 rim. I did not install any of the shock parts when I did the mini tub and have no problems.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:45 AM
repman
Instructor

Guys thanks for the input I appreciate it . Sounds like a non issue.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:29 PM
007Duc
Pro

I realize that this is a reply to a really old post, and if you still have the photos I would like to see them. I plan on running a 345 size tire on an 18X12 wheel, keeping it under the stock outer fender. I don't like the look of the flared outer fenders. I will be mini tubbing my car the old fashion way by cutting and fiberglass work as the Lingenfelter kit is no longer available. But I will also be running the LG drop spindles which move the wheel assemble up in relation to the A-arms. Do you think this would add the necessary clearance that the shock spacers were made to protect against? I think this was only an issue with 18" super deep backspaced wheels, and a total non-issue with a 19" rim.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:50 PM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 646 Likes on 388 Posts

I still have some pictures.

Old 01-26-2021, 01:59 PM
93Polo
Team Owner

Received 370 Likes on 317 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

http://teamzr1.com/tubC5.html
Old 01-27-2021, 11:01 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Before I got the tub kit I installed heavy rubber......worked great. Also have a spare rear pair of HRE 545s if your interested.....may even part with a full set + the spare ones...brand new 345s on the one set of rears. I had a set of OEM 5 spokes widened for the rear and they work great.

Get notified of new replies

To lingenfelter mini tubs

Quick Reply: lingenfelter mini tubs