Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are the optimal alignment/susp specs for my c6?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 02:14 PM
yow
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What are the optimal alignment/susp specs for my c6?

I live in northeast middle tn with zero race oriented shops nearby. I want to set my alignment and suspension up for track days - a much more aggressive setup than what I'm running now. I have read a lot on garage alignments, setting camber, thrust, toe-in etc. But I don't know what is optimal for my car. I've also read about adjusting my shocks, but I don't know what settings I should use there as well.

I've got 18x8.5 stock size up front and 19x12 (345s) with a z06 wide body, LG GT2 coilovers, z06 sway bars...

I want more camber, I know, because my aggressive driving in the mtns and one track day put a lot of wear on the outside of my front invos. Plus, at the track I dealt with a bit of oversteer, at least partly because of the power and poor traction. A better set-up and the kumhos I got will help me hook.

Where do I start?!?!?!? (THANKS IN ADVANCE)
Old 01-29-2012, 02:45 PM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

There are more knowledge people than me but camber is dependent on tire selection. The lower the car the more camber you can get on a stock suspension. I've ran zero toe, 1.8 camber front, 1camber rear,pfadt O'connell sways with the rear on the middle setting on invos, car is a c6 base. Car was good but had some exit under steer. The advice I've gotten is to toe out the front either an 1/8 or 1/16th and the rear toe in a 1/16th. Pfadt has a suspension guide online you should look at.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:47 PM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Btw I ran toyo r888s 275 and 305.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:20 PM
yow
Pro

Thanks. I found the Pfadt pdf. If I take those figures of inches and degrees to any ol' alignment shop, will they be able to set it up for me?
Old 01-29-2012, 10:21 PM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Most shops will in my experience.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A good alignment tech is worth their weight in gold. We can publish specs until we are blue in the face, but ultimately your alignment is as good as the tech doing the work. Here is a copy of our alignment guide to help you with some baseline settings. Be careful when dialing in Toe Out on these cars, espeically at higher speeds Toe Out may make the car a handful to drive. Click the image below to get the full size printable version to take to your alignment guy.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:48 PM
yow
Pro

That is fantastic information to start with. I'm not racing yet, just doing HPDEs (level 2) so far. But, after one track day and spirited driving in the mtns I've gotten a lot of wear on the outside of the front tires, not to mention the oversteer. Your street/track settings will be my first approach, then modify from there after each track day in the future. Thanks!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:41 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No problem! Good luck with the future alignment!

Get notified of new replies

To What are the optimal alignment/susp specs for my c6?

Quick Reply: What are the optimal alignment/susp specs for my c6?