Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCM announces 2012 VIR HPDE Registration

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 03:17 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Default NCM announces 2012 VIR HPDE Registration

I just got an email from Roc - so check to see if it's in your inbox!!

I went to the NCM site and checked the VIR HPDE info, and it says:

Registration for this event will open on March 21st at 8:00 AM Central Time.

Note that is CENTRAL time, i.e., 9:00 AM Eatern, and of course earlier the farther west you live!!

The event is June 25-26, so put both dates on your calendar!!!

Here's Roc's email (hope that's okay, Roc!):

It’s kind of warm in BG today so thoughts go to this year’s VIR. We have some people new to this list so welcome…this is how we keep our participants up to date on HPDE developments.

We just posted a new VIR page on the website (http://www.corvettemuseum.org/regist.../virinfo.shtml ) and the event schedule for 2012 is now live.

We do have some new features and changes that we want to make everyone aware of.

· Monday at lunch will be student lead-follow; instructors are encouraged to ride along but we will have multiple lead cars to make sure everyone gets a good view of the classic student line

· Tuesday morning we’ll have a track walk; this will give drivers a chance to see the track up close

· Tuesday at lunch we might have parade laps for non-drivers

o This is not guaranteed

o It will be limited in number and there will be a small fee

o A special wristband will be issued and people have to sign up at the NCM desk

· All people who are not registered drivers (students/instructors) who want a ride with an instructor must sign up at the NCM desk and get a designated wristband as well. There will be a small fee

· For students classroom is mandatory and we will be checking in grid, no class receipt no drive. We have simplified the schedule so there should be no conflicts

· For beginning students we will have at least 1 session with exercises like slalom, brake in the box, threshold braking

· First green track session will be 3 laps under yellow; following sessions will probably have 1-2 laps under yellow on first day

· We’re readjusting the group divisions so there is a beginner, low intermediate, high intermediate, advanced, instructor which better reflects the experience levels we are seeing

Roc Linkov

NCM Events Manager

I've got March 21st with my time zone time on my iPhone calendar to notify me in plenty of time to get online!!

To those who haven't been before, some of the run groups fill up in 30 minutes, so be ready to register as early as you can!!

Bob

Last edited by BEZ06; 02-04-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:43 PM
757missy
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much for this. Got to beat Roc up...he said he was going to give me a heads up. So ready for this. Being my first year. I more amp'd up at meeting new vette friends than anything else.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:02 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by 757missy
Thanks so much for this. Got to beat Roc up...he said he was going to give me a heads up. So ready for this. Being my first year. I more amp'd up at meeting new vette friends than anything else.
Looking forward to seeing you at the track!!

Make sure your NCM membership is up to date so you can log in on the morning of March 21st at 9:00AM Eastern, 8:00AM Central, etc.

Log online early - some of the run groups have been known to fill up within the first 1/2 hour or so!!!

Bob
Old 02-03-2012, 09:56 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Looking forward to seeing you there Bob!
Old 02-04-2012, 06:54 AM
Don O.
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Vir

Thanks Bob!

Don
Old 02-04-2012, 03:59 PM
757missy
Heel & Toe

Plan on taking that day off of work! NCM membership is all upto date! Just signed up for 5 years about a month or so ago. Look forward to seeing you all there.

Cheers,
Brian
Old 02-04-2012, 06:23 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Vroom vroom

Old 02-04-2012, 08:30 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Already put in for the days off....
Old 02-05-2012, 01:55 AM
KNSBrakes
Supporting Vendor

Received 362 Likes on 284 Posts

"Can't wait"

I mean it's hot already so......
Old 02-06-2012, 11:33 AM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

I put in for the week off, that way I can leave Danville on Wed and drop the car and trailer at Road Atl on the way home for a TrackDaze event there Thursday and Friday.

I'll be in the instructor group again!
Old 02-06-2012, 05:25 PM
757missy
Heel & Toe

Just curious. Seeing that this will be my first time at VIR. I have a 2010 GrandSport. I'm driving it there since we live in Va Bch (about 4 hrs away). I putting on better brake pads and changing out the brake fluid to DOT 4. In addition, I'm going to install a Johnny O'Connel Stage One kit (upgraded shocks and sway bars). In addition, I just recently had an oil change (Mobil ONE). I have just under 2,500 miles on the car. Can anyone think of anything else I should do? And does anybody know percentage wise how many people drive to the event vice trailer their cars.
Cheers,
Brian
Old 02-06-2012, 05:35 PM
VatorMan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06-'10-'11, '15

Just curious. Seeing that this will be my first time at VIR. I have a 2010 GrandSport. I'm driving it there since we live in Va Bch (about 4 hrs away). I putting on better brake pads and changing out the brake fluid to DOT 4. In addition, I'm going to install a Johnny O'Connel Stage One kit (upgraded shocks and sway bars). In addition, I just recently had an oil change (Mobil ONE). I have just under 2,500 miles on the car. Can anyone think of anything else I should do? And does anybody know percentage wise how many people drive to the event vice trailer their cars.
Cheers,
Brian
Our little group has several that drive to the event along with us that trailer. Since this is your first event, I would wait until you get used to the stock equipment so you know what you need to upgrade. Changing brake fluid, making sure you have a lot of brake pad, is probably all you'll need to do to the car.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:44 PM
757missy
Heel & Toe

Thanks. Just wanted to ensure I was not getting in over my head at this event. I'm having my wife follow in her car, so once we get there I will have anthor car to drive. I would trailer it, but my truck will not haul that much weight and I do not want to spend a bunch of $, when I can just drive her there.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:54 PM
VatorMan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06-'10-'11, '15

Thanks. Just wanted to ensure I was not getting in over my head at this event. I'm having my wife follow in her car, so once we get there I will have anthor car to drive. I would trailer it, but my truck will not haul that much weight and I do not want to spend a bunch of $, when I can just drive her there.
You'll be paired with an instructor. He/She will keep you safe. There is a comprehensive list of things you will/should need to bring. Plus your car gets a "once over" at the hotel prior to the track. If I can suggest one thing-GET THERE EARLY. There is usually a hideously long line at tech.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 372 Likes on 308 Posts

When they coming back to Road America?
Old 02-06-2012, 10:09 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Cheers,
Brian
Change the clutch fluid along with the brake fluid. You don't need the suspension mods for the novice or intermeadiate group.

The Grand Sport is good enough out of the box for newbie all the way up to "now I have a race license"
Gheez why do folks upgrade before they can use all the car has in it from the factory
Old 02-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Larry Myers
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Aardwolf
When they coming back to Road America?
Ask Roc, he's the man.

Get notified of new replies

To NCM announces 2012 VIR HPDE Registration

Old 02-07-2012, 03:02 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

So why hasn't Howard chimed in yet

he is usually chomping at the bit

I'm al set
Old 02-08-2012, 08:46 AM
757missy
Heel & Toe

Question...I've got a 2010 GrandSport. I have been told to not only change my brake fluid but my clutch fluid. I have an automatic...so should I change out the transmission fluid before going to VIR? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Brian
Old 02-08-2012, 09:02 AM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

no need to do that although a thing you should do in that case would be to install a transmission cooler. mine got hot just doing parade laps

transmission shops can do it, Uhaul (the towing rental people), although a better place might be phoenx racing

Quick Reply: NCM announces 2012 VIR HPDE Registration