Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ncm hpde @ vir 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 04:23 PM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ncm hpde @ vir 2012

I'm looking forward to the NCM HPDE at VIR again this year. This will be my 6th time with NCM at VIR. Provided I get registered in time.

Who all is coming and what you driving? Hope to see you there.

Last edited by USA1C5; 02-17-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Capitals
Old 02-16-2012, 08:03 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

I'll be there again instructing. Probably will tow the 92 out there.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...istration.html

Jim
Old 02-17-2012, 09:48 AM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Howard,
We been wondering where the heck you were since you didn't chime into the other thread.

Jim
Old 02-17-2012, 12:03 PM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jlutherva
Hey Howard,
We been wondering where the heck you were since you didn't chime into the other thread.

Jim
Hello Jim, I haven't logged in here in a while. I've been in hibernation. As spring gets closer I thought I'd check in and see what's going on.

Howard
Old 02-17-2012, 09:23 PM
71corv
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I plan to attend. This will be my 5th trip to VIR with the Museum. Have an 02 Z06.

Gene
Old 02-24-2012, 04:00 PM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Anyone know if Instructors can have only one student this year or if you Instruct you have to take two students? I realize that if you could only take one student that there would be some fee to participate. With two students and driving your own sessions it just don't leave much time for anything else.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:25 AM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Anybody home?
Old 02-25-2012, 08:57 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Location: Life is just one big track event. Everything before and after is prep and warm-up and cool-down laps GA
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by USA1C5
Anybody home?
Send an email to Roc.
I know with two students that need you every session it becomes very difficult to get your track time and be able to give them a session or two in your passenger seat.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:48 PM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jaa1992
Send an email to Roc.
I know with two students that need you every session it becomes very difficult to get your track time and be able to give them a session or two in your passenger seat.
I sent Roc an email last year about this and I didn't get anywhere with the idea. I instructed with two students in both 20009 and 2010. Last year 2011 I just signed up in the Advanced group so I could enjoy the event more. I would have taken one student if it were possible. I think I know where they are coming from because the more instructors with one student would call for the need of more instructors and the instructor sessions on track would make for a lot of traffic. I guess this would be their argument. If they were short of instructors they could probably get more instructors by allowing instructors to take only one student though. I don't really know what their argument against the idea would be. They could charge me say $300 or what ever to instruct with one student and that would be OK with me. I thought I would bring up this idea here to start some talk about it. What do you other instructors think.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:07 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Anyone know if Instructors can have only one student this year or if you Instruct you have to take two students? I realize that if you could only take one student that there would be some fee to participate. With two students and driving your own sessions it just don't leave much time for anything else.
Sorry

Internet down for a few days.

Instructors do have two students each, except for new instructors. New instructors if possible one have one student.

I do attempt to set up the for instructors to skip a session between their students.

Some instructors like back to back student sessions too.

and a few instructors take three students each.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:28 AM
USA1C5
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Sorry

Internet down for a few days.

Instructors do have two students each, except for new instructors. New instructors if possible one have one student.

I do attempt to set up the for instructors to skip a session between their students.

Some instructors like back to back student sessions too.

and a few instructors take three students each.
Thanks for the input Tom.

Yes, I see some instructors go non-stop pretty much all day. More power to those that can do it. I guess I'm getting old or have gotten old.

Just thought I'd throw the question (topic) out there to see what responses come back.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Three students?

I got a bit burned out on instructing, last year I only did it a couple of times, and only with one student.

There are a couple of quality organizations out there that only give you one student. In the defense of NCM, it is an event biased towards begninners so they have more students/instructor.

Tim
Old 02-26-2012, 06:53 PM
jaa1992
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Timz06
In the defense of NCM, it is an event biased towards begninners so they have more students/instructor.

Tim
Yep thats why I instruct with them. Get them newbies hooked and you'll see them again at another groups events.

I'm not complaining, more years than not I had one newbie and one with considerable more track time and was able to solo them after a couple of sessions.
Last year was a little frustrating because of my car issues.
I look forward to the event and so does the wife. She winds up volunteering in the store and works her butt off and has fun.

Its one of the few tracks she loves to go to.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:53 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Yes this is true

But each year I struggle to get enough instructors.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 PM
COL Dave L
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Yes this is true

But each year I struggle to get enough instructors.
I will be taking the Instructor Clinic with NASA at VIR in March and would go for the new instructor/1 student arrangement at VIR in June.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:12 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by COL Dave L
I will be taking the Instructor Clinic with NASA at VIR in March and would go for the new instructor/1 student arrangement at VIR in June.
Good Deal COL.

Get notified of new replies

To Ncm hpde @ vir 2012

Old 02-28-2012, 08:44 AM
rocsvette
Pro

Received 164 Likes on 94 Posts

I have been traveling and working on a bunch of events all at once while in the office so I haven't had much time to check the Forum. I know that Tom has posted on this subject but let me be really clear, we don't start out with the idea that there will be 2 students per instructor, 1 student per instructor or any other predetermined arrangement. While student groups have registration limits for each level, we don't set a limit on instructors. We go with what we have and make sure that everyone who needs an instructor gets one. As we have seen the skill levels at the VIR event rise we have more that are solo which eases the pressure but I've had to carry 3 students more than once, especially when instructors don't show. I happen to like having 2 students, some prefer 3 and some like 1, we try to accomodate but student needs have to be met especially with them paying for our track time.

I sent Roc an email last year about this and I didn't get anywhere with the idea. I instructed with two students in both 20009 and 2010. Last year 2011 I just signed up in the Advanced group so I could enjoy the event more. I would have taken one student if it were possible. I think I know where they are coming from because the more instructors with one student would call for the need of more instructors and the instructor sessions on track would make for a lot of traffic. I guess this would be their argument. If they were short of instructors they could probably get more instructors by allowing instructors to take only one student though. I don't really know what their argument against the idea would be. They could charge me say $300 or what ever to instruct with one student and that would be OK with me. I thought I would bring up this idea here to start some talk about it. What do you other instructors think.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:11 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Im EXTREMELY interested.

What do I need to do, Who do I need to talk too?

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:30 AM
rocsvette
Pro

Received 164 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
Im EXTREMELY interested.

What do I need to do, Who do I need to talk too?

Thanks!
contact me directly: roc@corvettemuseum.org or 270-467-8802

Quick Reply: Ncm hpde @ vir 2012