Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What brake pads do you use with Hooiser R6?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 12:24 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What brake pads do you use with Hooiser R6?

DTC 60 all four corners?
DTC 60 front and what in the rear?
DTC 70 front and DTC 60 rear?

Whats your experience..

Tom
Old 03-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ran DTC 70's in front and 60's in rear for quite a while with no problems.

Now running 70's all around. Can tell a diffrence in trailbraking into a corner. Rear of the car is more prone to trying to pass the front but managable. Still running this setup.

DTC 70's are prone to running very hot. Cool air is your friend. If you go the 70's route you will need at a minimum a front spindle duct kit. We went further and routed the duct work to the front grille area of the car and havent had any fade yet.

It was still an issue with just the spidle ducts. But no where near as bad as just running what came on the car. And pad life increased 10 fold
Old 03-06-2012, 03:50 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Screamin Z
Ran DTC 70's in front and 60's in rear for quite a while with no problems.

Now running 70's all around. Can tell a diffrence in trailbraking into a corner. Rear of the car is more prone to trying to pass the front but managable. Still running this setup.

DTC 70's are prone to running very hot. Cool air is your friend. If you go the 70's route you will need at a minimum a front spindle duct kit. We went further and routed the duct work to the front grille area of the car and havent had any fade yet.

It was still an issue with just the spidle ducts. But no where near as bad as just running what came on the car. And pad life increased 10 fold
I have the spindle ducts already and titanium shims.
I was wondering if I use DTC 60 in the front what should I use in rear...same or HP PLus? or would I be better off DTC all around like you did in the past.

Tom
Old 03-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Screamin Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you go 60's in the front id just stick with 60's in the rear. Interchangable pads from front to rear are a plus aswell.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Corvee
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

70's front, 60's rear. The initial bite is a bit aggresive and you will probably see greater rotor wear. I switched to Cobalts.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Bills Z06
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

70s up front and 60s in back for me. No issues but brake ducting is advisable as screamin z said.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 490 Likes on 417 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Front:

Carbotech™ XP20™

The latest iteration of the highly successful XP™ series of compounds. XP20™ is a step up from the highly successful XP16™ compound. With an extremely aggressive initial bite, the most linear torque curve to date and excellent fade resistance the XP20™ leads the highly successful XP™ series line of compounds from Carbotech™. XP20™ has a temperature range of 275°F to 2000°F+ (135°C to 1093°C+). Carbotech™ XP20™ maintains our tradition of having the outstanding release and modulation that has made all other Carbotech™ compounds so successful. The XP20™ as with other Carbotech™ compounds is very rotor friendly. Carbotech™ XP20™ is NOT recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.

Rear:

Carbotech™ XP10™

When Carbotech™ unleashed the XP10™ to the general public it was an instant success. XP10™ immediately gathered multiple regional, divisional, and national championships. The XP10™ has a very strong initial bite friction material with a coefficient of friction and rotor friendliness unmatched in the industry. Fade resistance is in excess of 1650°F (898°C). Due to the high level of friction and bite, this material is recommended for cars weighing around 2,900lbs or less. XP10™ still maintains the highly praised release, excellent modulation and rotor friendliness that have made all Carbotech™ compounds so successful. Carbotech™ XP10™ is not recommended as a daily-driven street pad due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 03-07-2012, 11:37 AM
trapp
Burning Brakes

I run Hoosiers R6's but by no means do I race head to head at high speeds. The tracks I run I might get to 140mph.... I ran last year with DTC 60 front and HP Plus rears. I never felt any brake fade with these compounds. What to you recommend for me...XP20 or something less abrasive... Are Xp20's easily controlled or are then abrupt in thier bite..?

Tom
Old 03-07-2012, 11:54 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Another vote for CarboTechs
XP10 fronts and XP8s rear, try them and you will never go back.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:35 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Do you recommend single piece pads? Why would you go with multiple piece pads?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:02 PM
hamdog
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

DT70s front and back. Works well!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 490 Likes on 417 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by trapp
I would use the 1 piece design, do not even ask about padlets. The 1 piece gives more even wear and about 15% more pad surface. If you are not going head to head thats ok tthe XP20 is the newest pad out and we have had alot of success with it this is the way to go.

Give me a call I will be happy to help you out.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Originally Posted by trapp
The padlets make it easier to manage pad life. For instance, you can't get a Hawk DTC 60 front pad kit from Hawk. That limits what you can do if you are using the single piece pads. However, if you buy three of their rear padlet kits you can run DTC60 front and rear or just in the front with HP+ in the rear. The C6Z calipers tend to wear certain padlets more than others so you are always swapping them around to maximize wear. When all the pads you have are the same compound and fit front and rear calipers you can throw worn ones in a box and then go back and pick and choose over a few days as pads wear and you need to replace them.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To What brake pads do you use with Hooiser R6?

Quick Reply: What brake pads do you use with Hooiser R6?