Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sways: T1s or Hotchiks

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 AM
MR Turco
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Sways: T1s or Hotchiks

Hi,

So i am in the market for sways. I'm trying to understand if the T1s are worth the money over the hotchicks. I've autox'd the car a half dozen times last year and i need to get some better rotation without using my right foot.

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-08-2012, 09:34 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't auto-x, just road racing. I love the T1 bars on my race car, but I've heard they're too big for low speed auto-x use, but that was years ago before the newer style with the adjustable rear bar came out. I have my car setup on the softest rear bar setting for RR use and the car is neutral with the ability to easily enduce throttle oversteer. Based on that I'd think the car would be really tail happy with the bar on the stiffest setting but I've never tested it. I do know that the T1 bars are bigger/stiffer than the Hotchkis setup. The Hotchkis are marginally larger than C5Z06 bars.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:36 AM
MR Turco
Pro

I will be starting to get into more RR events this year so i want something more all around than focused on autox. I also do a lot of street driving so adjustable is key.

Thanks for the input.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Only the rear bar is adjustable on the T1s. It's going to be a lot of bar for a car drive on the street a bunch. All depends on your tolerance for ride quality and the quality of your roads.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:44 PM
blkbrd69
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

T1 bars are way stiff, graet for the track but autocross???
I went Hotchkis bars and they allow the car to rotate well on the soft rear setting, they are softer than they look.
If I were to do it again I would go PFADT as I like a stiffer setup on the roadcourse.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Did you read: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...e-learned.html
Old 03-08-2012, 01:30 PM
MR Turco
Pro

Originally Posted by blkbrd69
T1 bars are way stiff, graet for the track but autocross???
I went Hotchkis bars and they allow the car to rotate well on the soft rear setting, they are softer than they look.
If I were to do it again I would go PFADT as I like a stiffer setup on the roadcourse.
I was actually recommended by several autox'ers to use the T1s but I dont think they have experience on other setups.

Yes, i have read the track car thread. It didn't talk about the T1 sways.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Superbee
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had T1, Hotchkis and Pfadt on my cars, mostly for track days.
T1 bars are great, noisy and stiff on the street
Hotchkis, didn't find a big change from Z06 factory bars
Pfadt, currently on the car work well street and track
If I had a track only car it would have T1 bars.

Cheers
Old 03-08-2012, 02:47 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

T1 bars only make noise because of the clunky heim-jointed endlinks. I found that mine, even properly setup, were running out of range of motion and the link shaft was hitting the bearing race and damaging it over time. That was the source of the loud clicking that people assume is normal. I upgraded to Powergrid adjustable links and they've been silent ever since. They have more range of motion than your typical heim (even teflon lined "quiet" heims) and are fully adjustable w/o having to disconnect the bar.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:02 PM
MR Turco
Pro

actually looks like the new Jerry O'connell set might meet the criteria i need. Thanks for the advice, good to know the hotchiks are really close to stock. Won't waste my money there.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:09 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MR Turco
actually looks like the new Jerry O'connell set might meet the criteria i need. Thanks for the advice, good to know the hotchiks are really close to stock. Won't waste my money there.
I had no idea Mr. O'connell had given up acting and started designing Corvette go-fast parts

Old 03-08-2012, 03:48 PM
MR Turco
Pro

Lol, must be the Sliders fan inside of me I meant Johnny!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by travisnd;1580223http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/editor/menupop.gif337
I had no idea Mr. O'connell had given up acting and started designing Corvette go-fast parts

Maybe we're a little biased... but we think Johnny > Jerry!

Really though, the Johnny O'Connell sway bars will probably suit your needs pretty well. Similar overall rates to our Heavy Duty - Light Rate bars, but are a little easier on the wallet. With the JO bars you do give up the adjustable front bar, and they are a little heavier than the Light Rate Bars, but like all of our Corvette sway bar packages they include the bushings and endlinks as well which makes them a pretty screaming deal.

Get notified of new replies

To Sways: T1s or Hotchiks

Quick Reply: Sways: T1s or Hotchiks