Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TA2/GTA Discovery Day on March 23rd Your chance to drive a TA2 car

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 11:50 AM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default TA2/GTA Discovery Day on March 23rd Your chance to drive a TA2 car

Not sure if anyone else got this, but I am going to do it and was wondering if anyone else on the forum is going to be there or wants to be. Looking forward to seeing how these things drive!
________________________________________ ________

Greetings Friends!

The racing season gets underway soon, and we are ready to fill our stable with two more funded drivers for the entire Trans Am season. Come see why TA2 is the best value in motorsports today. Drive one of these cars and you'll be hooked. We are offering a full arrive and drive package for 2012. The TA season has some great tracks and a great schedule. Watkins Glen, Mosport, Road America, Road Atlanta etc. All outstanding tracks. Trans Am is all pro and if you haven't pro raced before, come and see what you are missing out on. We have availability for two drivers for the 2012 season, in cars built in 2011. Own or rent, your choice.

We have two chassis on the way now, and we'll have cars ready for Mosport.

We are tentatively putting on a "Discover Trans Am 2" day at Eagle's Canyon Raceway near Decatur Texas.(Alternate Venue will be Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, TX) This will be held on March 23rd, with rainout date being Marrch 24th. If you are interested in coming to this event please RSVP to Bob Stretch at bob@fixrim.com or 817-668-5433

We are going to let qualified drivers get in our cars, go for some laps, and see what these cars are all about. Hands down, you will never go faster for cheaper, and these cars are all sorts of fun to drive. Things happen fast in these cars, and they are real race cars, not converted street cars. They look really cool, they sound awesome, they are cheap to run, and Trans Am just got taken over by an owners group, meaning there will be proper resources to grow the series moving into 2012.

I ran the entire series last year, and it's unlike any other series I have been in. Trans Am is a family, and the paddock atmosphere is the best I have ever seen. Everyone gets along well, and there isn't the usual politicking about this rule or that, and the usual whining. I am running the entire series again this year, but I'd like to get some more competitors on board. I am running a 4 car team this year, and so I have space for 2 more cars.

Gregg at Pinnacle has been instrumental in making this all happen, and he has been the GTA/TA2 go to guy for a few years. Gregg and I both build cars and provide support, and of course we'd like to sell all of you a car, but our primary goal is to get more cars on the track and to expose the best kept secret out there right now: cars that are only marginally more expensive than an MX-5 cup that go much faster and offer a lot more bang for the back.

Here's some specifics on cars and date:
Tire cost $163 per tire, uses one set per weekend
Brake Pads under $200
Brake rotors under $200
Engines cost $4500-$7000
Chassis under $4000
Chassis/Body/Interior for about $12000
Nearly all components are commonly available short track stock car components.
Total turn key car cost can be under $70,000 (both cars I have built have come in well under this number, but we employed many used parts)
Cars can be bought turn key from myself, Gregg, or Howe Racing. Components can also be bought for those of you that want to build it yourself, or buy a roller.
Cars use fuel injected LS1 aluminum motors, very close to stock.
Cars use Jerico dog ring transmissions (similiar to a clutchless sequential, except uses an H pattern shifter, great fun to drive with these)
Crash damage is very easy and inexpensive. One of our cars recently hit the wall in Atlanta, I expect total cost to be under $2000 for repair. The Porsche that was also involved will quite possibly spend 10 times that amount, even though the damage is similiar

There will of course be a cost to run the cars, but it will be minimal, we expect under $1000 for one driver all day in one car, if we have many drivers and not enough cars that cost may go down in relation to seat time. Cars will be on used tires. The goal here is to get some laps in, get comfortable in the car, then decide if this looks like fun to you (how could it not be?)

We will likely have some IT or Miata based cars available for learning the track for those of you that have never been to ECR before.

If you have any interest, or know anyone who does, please pass this on to them. The TA series is an all pro series, and next year they expect to televise 2 to 3 events, and be the feature headliner at some of the venues.

--
Bob Stretch
President
Wheels America
C 817-668-5433
Old 03-15-2012, 05:08 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Oh damn . . . .

Every time I get close to thinking about finishing my car, another cheap house comes on the market.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:04 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd be all over that if it were closer.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:57 PM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually have off that day and live in the area. I'm interested in driving, what does "qualified" driver entail?

Thanks
Jay
Old 03-16-2012, 11:18 AM
clubracer6
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by crease-guard
I actually have off that day and live in the area. I'm interested in driving, what does "qualified" driver entail?

Thanks
Jay
Give Bob a call on the number below his signature and find out. Assume your driving something now wheel to wheel.

Get notified of new replies

To TA2/GTA Discovery Day on March 23rd Your chance to drive a TA2 car

Quick Reply: TA2/GTA Discovery Day on March 23rd Your chance to drive a TA2 car