Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 Splitter Options?

Old 03-20-2012, 10:38 AM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Default C4 Splitter Options?

Just wondering what is out there available for the C4...

I found ONE thread here with some information...

There is Performance AFX:

and ACI

and Greenwood

What other choices are there? Please post up pictures if you have them...

Last edited by 1991Z07; 03-20-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:51 PM
eogel
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Joe,

The first picture you posted is my car. The nose/bumper is from Performance AFX, but I made the splitter. Performance AFX has a splitter to go with that nose, but it was not what I wanted. I did not find any others that were what I wanted or within what I was willing to pay.

The splitter is plywood wrapped in fiberglass and extends 4" all the way around. I will be glad to provide the dimensions and a pattern if you want to go that route. The next one will be made of some light weight foam or board wrapped in fiberglass.

Ed
Old 03-20-2012, 05:43 PM
1991Z07
Safety Car

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by eogel
Joe,

The first picture you posted is my car. The nose/bumper is from Performance AFX, but I made the splitter. Performance AFX has a splitter to go with that nose, but it was not what I wanted. I did not find any others that were what I wanted or within what I was willing to pay.

The splitter is plywood wrapped in fiberglass and extends 4" all the way around. I will be glad to provide the dimensions and a pattern if you want to go that route. The next one will be made of some light weight foam or board wrapped in fiberglass.

Ed
Wow...who would have known I'd find a picture of one belonging to this forum.

I'm not sure what direction to go yet...the choices are very limited unless you want to make one on your own it seems. I know the Greenwood G4 body kit works REALLY well at high speeds. Rick Doria went 200+ (average) in West Texas and Nevada with it on his C4. He'd still be running the Greenwood nose if the tire hadn't blown and taken off half the nose of the car. He decided to make something different and replaced it with this:

Unfortunately, having a ZR1 body makes the choices even less. NOBODY made a kit to do aero for the ZR1's except for Callaway, and they wanted a HUGE pile of money to get one.

I'll let you know if I need those measurements.

Do you have any better pictures of it on your car?
Old 03-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Crepitus
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...ar-videos.html

Thought this might help
Old 03-20-2012, 06:03 PM
eogel
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

1991Z07,

You have a PM.