Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have experience with SSBC brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Boo383
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Anyone have experience with SSBC brakes?

So a few years ago I won a $250 gift certificate to SSBC brakes. (hopefully it's still valid) It's time to replace my front rotors and pads on my C5. They have a variety of choices available. I do a couple track days a year, some autoX, and some normal driving of course. Just wondering if anyone has any good or bad experiences with their products? Thanks in advance.

http://www.ssbrakes.com/commerce/bra...s%20%26%20Pads
Old 03-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

A long time ago I did business with them and had no problems. They were the original company that started repairing C2 and C3 calipers by installing stainless steel cylinder liners in them.

Bill
Old 03-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Joy of 6
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had their 3 piston calipers for my C5. Worked well, eliminated pad taper, uses stock size pads. Good value for the $$. A friend still uses his(I think for about 4 years now) and they work well for him. I sold mine and upgraded to AP 4 piston, otherwise would still have them. You will need to add a little $ to your gift certificate

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have experience with SSBC brakes?

Quick Reply: Anyone have experience with SSBC brakes?