Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waist Harness belt isnt long enough?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 05:21 PM
rtpassini
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12
Default Waist Harness belt isnt long enough?

I bought some used Crow Enterprises 6 point harnesses from someone on here. I've been working on getting the car together. I put them in and noticed one of the side wait belts that the cam long is connected to is really short and I cant make it long enough to be centered. The other side can adjust plenty. Any ideas whats up with this? I hope I'm just missing something here. I emailed the seller but thought I would check here right away. Im going to be pissed if I have to buy a new side belt.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:43 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The side belts on my Crow harnesses are both the same length. They have about 8" extra expansion left after I adjust them for my 40" middle. Was it cut off - any evidence of being re stitched ?
Old 04-01-2012, 05:50 PM
rtpassini
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

it doesnt look restitched. She said it was recertified though? Driver and Passenger have the same issue....
heres a pic

Old 04-01-2012, 06:07 PM
crease-guard
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do the center straps look like? I know you said 6 point but I would have to wonder if that shorter belt isn't more of a center belt for a 5 point instead of a side belt of a 6 point. Although it's hard to tell in that picture but are there 4 or 5 spots for a belt to attach?

Then again if the driver and passenger belts have the same issue, perhaps the two longer belts go together and the two shorter ones go together as well.

Jay

Last edited by crease-guard; 04-01-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:13 PM
rtpassini
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

The short ones can't go together because they hold the cam. unless it can come off from the cam somehow I don't know about? not to mention the person would have to be 100 pounds then. also, the center belts are longer and skinny
Old 04-01-2012, 09:39 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

Crowe makes a "corvette specific" set that works with a special set of seat rails that someone makes. I bet you have a set of those, but aren't using the same rails/eyebolts. If you send that one strap back to them I imagine they would re-wbb it long for a very reasonable fee.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:56 PM
rtpassini
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

SON OF A.....
you nailed it. i remember the owner saying she used them with a special brey kraus mount.
I wish she would have told me that meant they were completely different!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:10 PM
TryNkeepUp
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by rtpassini
SON OF A.....
you nailed it. i remember the owner saying she used them with a special brey kraus mount.
I wish she would have told me that meant they were completely different!!!
Ryan these are corvette specific belts.......I think you're confused. What I said is that you needed the CLIPS that attached to the existing belt system - I didn't use any special "mounting kit" for these belts. They mounted directly to the existing seat rail system in the C5 Corvette Coupe.....the clips don't sit at even locations in the car....the inside clip attaches to the seat belt location while the outside strap attaches to the ratchet system that connects to the 3 pointer. I never had an issue with centering the cam so I'm not sure what the issue is.......the only thing you didn't purchase with the belts were the BK clips, but you said you wanted to fashion those yourself.

The BK mount I used was the harness bar but that had nothing to do with the side belts......
Old 04-02-2012, 06:13 PM
rtpassini
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

and thats where the issue lies. This is for a stock seat system with stock rails. Someone who is using aftermarket seats and rails (like me) cannot use these.

The "clips" you have (which I thought were made by Brey Kraus) work with the stock setup only.

I contacted Crow. I have to send them in and have them reworked.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:27 PM
TryNkeepUp
Race Director

Well that stinks.......I too, had aftermarket race seats (Carravaggio) but didn't have to change the seat rails. I was pretty clear that these were corvette specific belts and you never mentioned that you had aftermarket seat rails.

I feel bad for you but don't appreciate the implication that I was somehow at fault because you didn't say that you had changed out the seat rails.......I was very accurate in my description of what was for sale and delivered exactly what was advertised. I was only able to advise you based on what we talked about.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:31 PM
rtpassini
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

When u said corvette specific I thought since I had a vette it wasn't an issue due to design or something. I'm not blaming you. that's why I didn't say your name.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:37 PM
TryNkeepUp
Race Director

When u said corvette specific I thought since I had a vette it wasn't an issue due to design or something. I'm not blaming you. that's why I didn't say your name.
Well you'll forgive me if I take the post in general a little personally about "wishing I'd told you this....." and while I appreciate you not posting my name, I would never hide the fact that they came from me. I have a pretty good reputation on this forum as I've sold tons of parts and two corvettes and never had a single complaint.

I hope its not too costly a fix for you.......I've made a few of those "live and learn" mistakes as well.......

good luck with it
Old 04-02-2012, 09:25 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Probably 30 bucks
Old 04-02-2012, 09:27 PM
rtpassini
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11-'12

$50 plus shipping
Old 04-02-2012, 10:02 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

$50 plus shipping
Last time mine were done it was 75 bucks to re-web all. I guess nobody does anything for 30 bucks except give you 6.xx gallons of gas!

Get notified of new replies

To Waist Harness belt isnt long enough?

Quick Reply: Waist Harness belt isnt long enough?