Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid Ohio April 13-15

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 10:57 AM
mrc24x
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Mid Ohio April 13-15

Our fearless leader of the Super Touring/Unlimited classes (Graber/Porscheboy) has prior commitments so he has appointed someone much smarter and better looking to handle the Series Director job for the weekend..... (me)

I should be pitted in the 1st row of the middle paddock (near Continental Motorsports). Same routine as usual, have your Classification forms turned in BEFORE any qualifying session and you're good to go.

Link to current entries:

http://nasagreatlakes.com/season/?page=EntryList

Matt Carlyle
Red C4 #26
Old 04-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Surely the 7th Sign.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Jaymz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that's the case then I am out..

Just kidding.. Matt you all have fun.

I am still trying to put a motor together and have a newborn at the house too.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:54 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaymz
I am still trying to put a motor together and have a newborn at the house too.
And what's the order of priority?
Old 04-10-2012, 03:24 AM
Jaymz
Pro

Originally Posted by ScaryFast
And what's the order of priority?
No motor means no racing.. having a newborn means no time to get it fixed and wide awake after the 3:00 AM feeding/diaper change.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:37 AM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

No motor means no racing.. having a newborn means no time to get it fixed and wide awake after the 3:00 AM feeding/diaper change.
Hope you guys get it up and going again soon. I'm so ready to go out in my garage and see my car finally put together instead of a bunch of pieces laying around.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:17 AM
mrc24x
Burning Brakes

Congrats James! You're going to need a bigger house before a fresh engine if you keep this up....

@Cisler- Is that LS swap ready for the weekend or will I be working on my car in the pits by myself?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:51 PM
spectator2
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 04-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Congrats, James! How many lil ones now??
Old 04-11-2012, 09:41 AM
GAS
Instructor

Our fearless leader of the Super Touring/Unlimited classes (Graber/Porscheboy) has prior commitments so he has appointed someone much smarter THAN A 1ST GRADERand better looking THAN THE SOUTH END OF A NORTH BOUND MULE to handle the Series Director job for the weekend..... (me)

Hey Matt! Lookin forward to seein the gang soon . You kids have fun this weekend!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:33 PM
mrc24x
Burning Brakes

I left that part out but I knew you could fugure out what I meant!

Hope to see you guys at Putnam next month.

It looks like lil' ole me is going to be the only 'Vette in ST2....
Old 04-11-2012, 08:27 PM
zigspeed10
Instructor

I'm registered for PTA but lack of competitors means I'll be jumping up to ST2. That should make 5 in class and give you guys some tires to race for. I'll give you some vette on vette if thats what you want.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:45 PM
mrc24x
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by zigspeed10
I'm registered for PTA but lack of competitors means I'll be jumping up to ST2. That should make 5 in class and give you guys some tires to race for. I'll give you some vette on vette if thats what you want.
I wondered if you were going to run "up". That was the story of my life the last few years....no one wants to run PTA. Oh well.

The 5th car is more important to the Rahagen Mustang guys so hit them up for a percentage of the winnings. If Ford is paying like last year they can win $1000 cash per race!

As far as the Vette on Vette action goes....Cisler or Smith are the only ones that I'm aware of that are into that "stuff".
Old 04-12-2012, 11:16 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Todd, Snoopy and I will be there running TT and doing some new shock evaluation and testing....Hope the weather holds out..
Old 04-12-2012, 12:46 PM
PushinTheLimit
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrc24x

The 5th car is more important to the Rahagen Mustang guys so hit them up for a percentage of the winnings. If Ford is paying like last year they can win $1000 cash per race!

Geez... would be nice if GM did that sort of thing for us.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:58 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit
Geez... would be nice if GM did that sort of thing for us.
They used to Payout $700.00 for a SCCA National win in T1, but that went away in 2008. I was fortunate to get a couple which REALLY helped the weekend cost.

Aaron
Old 04-16-2012, 03:45 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Any results?

Get notified of new replies

To Mid Ohio April 13-15

Old 04-16-2012, 05:20 PM
mrc24x
Burning Brakes

It was a typical April Mid Ohio event...cool and rainy Saturday, and a wet Sunday morning.

I was on the dyno Saturday getting my Accel DFI set up and missed the wet "fun".

ST2- Vannucci ran away at the front with his Lotus, and Zigspeed (David) put on an outstanding first race performance to finish 2nd.

ST1 - Edmundson took the win, followed by the Sweers brothers.

Sunday was dry for the race but Qualifying was still damp (so the grid had some high hp cars starting from the back).

Vannucci won again in ST2 with Ziegler in 2nd in his PTA spec C5Z (Great Job!), then Aaron Bambach 3rd. I had a nice start from 9th and worked my way up to 7th overall behind David. It looked like we were going to have some fun then I started to lose power...(I don't know if the new ECU was pulling timing when it got warm, or plugs, etc??? It sounded like a v7 but it didn't seem internal so I tried to keep up for 3 more laps before my brain took over and I pulled in.

ST1 was an all Viper show Sunday. Mike pulled off with a problem in the first few laps so: Welham, Sweers, Sweers..

I didn't get a chance to talk to many people but the White Fast Trash Z looks awesome and Congrats to Scott on his first Race in the John Deer C4!

It wasn't the same without the Raft gang racing or the Michigan boys hanging around drinking all the beer... ....next time i guess.

Matt

Last edited by mrc24x; 04-17-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:04 PM
fastrash
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrc24x
I didn't get a chance to talk to many people but the White Fast Trash Z looks awesome and Congrats to Scott on his first Race in the John Deer C4!

It wasn't the same without the Raft gang racing or the Michigan boys hanging around drinking all the beer... ....next time i guess.

Matt
Thanks for the kudos Matt, the bleached bananna, super snoopy car wasn't feeling well - gearbox issues - I think the RAFT fearless leader was releasing some pent up no racing action lately frustration on my car his first session...We'll get 'er fixed up soon...maybe its time for me to get the "other car" going........and next time maybe some moo cow brew can make its way down to MO...
Old 04-16-2012, 10:21 PM
mrc24x
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fastrash

Thanks for the kudos Matt, the bleached bananna, super snoopy car wasn't feeling well - gearbox issues - I think the RAFT fearless leader was releasing some pent up no racing action lately frustration on my car his first session...We'll get 'er fixed up soon...maybe its time for me to get the "other car" going........and next time maybe some moo cow brew can make its way down to MO...

I didn't mean to leave out the Wisconsin gang (we missed them too!) More Cow bell....errr Moo Cow for July.

Quick Reply: Mid Ohio April 13-15