Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake deeper, harder and longer! 680 degree Brake Fluid. Prospeed RS683 in stock.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 04:29 PM
0MTI RACING
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Brake deeper, harder and longer! 680 degree Brake Fluid. Prospeed RS683 in stock.

Prospeed RS683 Xtreme Performance Brake Fluid

Prospeed RS683 is a revolutionary new racing brake fluid that is suitable for Street cars and for full Racing Cars. Not only does it boast a 683° F dry boiling point -- the highest in the industry -- and an extremely high wet boiling point of 439° F, but the innovative new manufacturing process actually makes this fluid more incompressible than other fluids! This means you can brake deeper, harder and longer!

Dissolved air & CompressionFree™ Technology
Brake fluid is a mixture of several different ingredients. Conventional mixing traps tiny, dissolved bubbles of air inside the fluid. Fresh brake fluid typically contains as much as 5% dissolved air. Air is more compressible under pressure than fluid, so this air leads to a soft pedal feel, even with fresh, brand-new fluid.

Prospeed's patented manufacturing process minimizes the amount of air that gets into the fluid during manufacture. Instead of 5% air, RS683 contains less than 1% dissolved air! This results in a very incompressible fluid for the firmest pedal feel and most predictable braking you will ever experience.

Save Time and money & Increased seal life!
Start with less air in the brake fluid and the fluid can last a longer time in the system. Instead of spending time at the track bleeding brakes, you spend your time driving and discovering other performance benefits. Recent testing by Andretti Autosport has also found Prospeed RS683 to extend the life of caliper seals by 30% over the (former) leading IndyCar brake fluid!

Prospeed RS683 Specifications:
- Dry boiling point - 683.2 °F
- Wet boiling point - 439° F
- Vapor density (air = 1) - 10
- Vapor pressure <0.01 mmHg @ 68° F
- Density - 1.095
- pH - 7.2
- Kinematic viscosity 2mm2/s @ 212° F
- Freezing point < -74° F
- Compatible with all Dot 3, 4, and 5.1 non-silicone fluids, but full system should be flushed for maximum performance.

Testimonial Support:
- 7 of the Top 10 finishing positions in Continental Tire Races at Daytona 2012 use Prospeed RS683 Brake Fluid
- Several Daytona Prototypes (including the pole setter) use Prospeed RS683 Brake Fluid
- "That's some awesome stuff!" - Will, American Iron Champion, NASA-SE Div
- "I have been using RS683 for about a year now and have been very impressed with it." - Chad, Porsche Race Car

What does all this mean?
You can brake deeper, harder and longer, and be extremely predictable.

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE:

Link for more information:
http://www.mtiracing.com/Purchase/20...eed-RS683.html

Suitable for Street cars and for full Racing Cars.
Available in 16.9 oz Bottle -or- Discounted Case of 12qty

*Wholesale shop inquiries are available
Attached Images   
Old 04-10-2012, 02:37 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks like a nice mid-way between ATE/MOTUL ($15) and the Castrol($70).
Old 04-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Scooter70
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
Though notice that this is a half liter (16.9oz) bottle. ATE and Castrol are sold by the liter (33.8oz). This Prospeed fluid has a higher dry BP but a lower wet than SRF.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:20 PM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

I noticed the huge drop off between dry and wet as well. You're going to be bleeding this fluid a lot. Here's a column I did on brake fluid a few months ago.

Richard Newton
Old 04-11-2012, 11:04 AM
RacePro Engineering
Tech Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MTI RACING
Brake deeper, harder and longer!
Let's see --

>> If I brake deeper, I BETTER NOT be braking longer!
>> If I brake harder, I will not need to brake longer.
>> If I brake longer, I can not brake deeper, and shall not need to brake harder.

I am certain this is a great product -- it just sounds very complicated to use.

Ed
Old 04-11-2012, 12:05 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by waddisme
I agree, I have been ok with Wilwood 570/600 for years and I like to bleed often anyway. I don't see how I could put srf in and leave it for a year like some say they do.

If I needed to I'd give this a try, seems that it has been around for a while. I wonder if one of the majors makes the blend for them or if they cook it up themselves?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:10 PM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

is this silicone based fluid?

and can it be used in a system that may contain conventional fluid, or does everything need to be purged out
Old 04-11-2012, 12:57 PM
0MTI RACING
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Scooter70
This Prospeed fluid has a higher dry BP but a lower wet than SRF.
Here is what a technical race blog said about RS683...

"Why we feel this fluid is an acceptable substitute for Castrol SRF is that this fluid has an extremely low compressibility. SRF by nature of it’s design suffers from compressibility which is translated to the frequent “mushy pedal” you attain when driving your car at the limits. Silicone based brake fluids, like SRF are more compressible than conventional fluids due to dissolved air (16% +/-3%) which is inherent in all Silicone based fluids.

Prospeed is an Borate Ester based brake fluid which traditionally has a 5% (+/-2%) dissolved air content, but with a proprietary engineering process, Prospeed contains less than 1%. There is no other brake fluid in the market right now that has this low of dissolved air content and still attains the dry and wet boiling points Prospeed does."

Also, The less air you have in the fluid, the less steam you create when you overcook the fluid.

Originally Posted by RacePro Engineering
>> If I brake deeper, I BETTER NOT be braking longer!
>> If I brake harder, I will not need to brake longer.
>> If I brake longer, I can not brake deeper, and shall not need to brake harder.
I am certain this is a great product -- it just sounds very complicated to use. -Ed
Ed,
No need to apply modus tollens logic or disjunctive syllogisms.
The fluid can accomplish either of the 3 benefits in the tagline.

Originally Posted by froggy47
I agree, I have been ok with Wilwood 570/600 for years and I like to bleed often anyway. If I needed to I'd give this a try, seems that it has been around for a while. I wonder if one of the majors makes the blend for them or if they cook it up themselves?
Froggy, the Prospeed would enhance a firmer pedal, even if you like to bleed brakes often. I think the blending process is done outside the majors.

Originally Posted by el es tu
is this silicone based fluid? and can it be used in a system that may contain conventional fluid, or does everything need to be purged out
Prospeed RS683 is a Borate Ester fluid. And it is compatible.
- Compatible with all Dot 3, 4, and 5.1 non-silicone fluids, but full system should be flushed for maximum performance.

Last edited by MTI RACING; 04-11-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:32 PM
RacePro Engineering
Tech Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MTI RACING
Ed,
No need to apply modus tollens logic or disjunctive syllogisms.
The fluid can accomplish either of the 3 benefits in the tagline.
Ah - "You can -EITHER- brake deeper -OR- harder -OR- longer -AND- be extremely predictable."

Got it!
Ed
Old 04-12-2012, 11:01 AM
0MTI RACING
Former Vendor

Default Special deal on fluid!

Gentlemen,
We have been authorized to make a special offer to you.

Buy 3 bottles and get the 4th bottle FREE!!

* Every increment of 3 gets another bottle
* This offer runs from now until Apr 30th.

* Upon checkout, simply enter the qty of 3 and the 4th bottle will be automatically added in the box. You can also call in the order as well.

More Information and Purchase Link HERE:

Thanks,
Stephen
Old 04-26-2012, 10:09 AM
0MTI RACING
Former Vendor

BUMP
for the Special Offer...

Buy 3 bottles and get the 4th bottle FREE!!

* Every increment of 3 gets another bottle
* This offer runs from now until Apr 30th.

* Upon checkout, simply enter the qty of 3 and the 4th bottle will be automatically added in the box. You can also call in the order as well.

More Information and Purchase Link HERE:

Get notified of new replies

To Brake deeper, harder and longer! 680 degree Brake Fluid. Prospeed RS683 in stock.

Quick Reply: Brake deeper, harder and longer! 680 degree Brake Fluid. Prospeed RS683 in stock.