Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What valve springs to buy, LS6 with cam?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 10:40 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Default What valve springs to buy, LS6 with cam?

Hey guys,

In the coming months I am going to be doing some preventative maintenance on my car (02 Z06 with LS6). The car has a cam, however I have no idea what kind it is as the previous owner installed it and the place I purchased the car from didn't know anything about it. I would guess it is pretty average as the car only has the cam, longtubes, no cats, and a vararam and made 400whp/375wtq on a mustang dyno.

So, what type of valve springs do you recommend for the car? I am not sure what kind are on the car now, for all I know they could still be the stock springs. Is there a good all around spring that everyone tends to run for average setups like mine?

I plan to pull the valve covers and see what is in there now before I buy anything, and I am actually probably going to pull the cam out too so that I know what is in there. I am sure there will be a thread in the future with more specific questions pertaining to my actual cam, but for now I was hoping to find out about some good all around valve springs to run.

Thanks,
Andy
Old 04-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Bad Karma
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I would pull the valve cover and see if you have factory springs. If the previous owner installed the proper springs with the cam I wouldn't so worried, but factory springs I would get out of there.

If you have a dial micrometer or access to one, you can check cam lift at the valve spring and order new springs accordingly.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:02 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Karma
I would pull the valve cover and see if you have factory springs. If the previous owner installed the proper springs with the cam I wouldn't so worried, but factory springs I would get out of there.

If you have a dial micrometer or access to one, you can check cam lift at the valve spring and order new springs accordingly.
Good idea. I am mainly going to replace the springs because I have had the car for 3 years now and have been tracking it pretty regularly since I bought it. I also dont know how long they have been in there, and what the previous owner did with the car. I figured it would just be good maintenance to do.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:34 AM
LSOHOLIC
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=454316

the best springs on the market and one hell of a knowledgable and nice guy also. And also super affortable.....

thanks.....
Old 04-17-2012, 01:50 PM
AVB
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Heard good things about PAC springs

Get notified of new replies

To What valve springs to buy, LS6 with cam?

Quick Reply: What valve springs to buy, LS6 with cam?