Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What mods are needed for HPDE event (C5Z06)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 05:17 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What mods are needed for HPDE event (C5Z06)

I have a friend that bought a used Z06 2003 C5. I was recommending Motul 600, HP Plus brake pads at minimum for the event. (autobahn CC) Any other recommendations?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:26 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by trapp
I have a friend that bought a used Z06 2003 C5. I was recommending Motul 600, HP Plus brake pads at minimum for the event. (autobahn CC) Any other recommendations?
If it's his first time hopefully he won't push it too hard. Good helmet & watch the red mist.

There is really no end to the prep for a track day...

Air up the tires.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would add brake ducts for cooling as ABCC doesn't have long straights or sections where you are off your brakes for extended times. When is he running and how often? He may need a larger radiator unless he's a rookie and just getting into it.

Mike
Old 04-17-2012, 06:06 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
I would add brake ducts for cooling as ABCC doesn't have long straights or sections where you are off your brakes for extended times. When is he running and how often? He may need a larger radiator unless he's a rookie and just getting into it.

Mike
Mike,

We have talked before a few years past..I have been at Autobahn CC a couple of times...never ran the full course. I have all of the mods you mentioned on my 2011 GS..

Brake ducts
Motul 600
Steal lines
titanium shims

My friend is new to the sport...2003 Z06...I will foward your recommendations...

We both joined Laps Inc..and will be at Autobahn 5/7/12.

Tom
Old 04-17-2012, 07:56 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My recomendation would be just the motul if this his first DE in any car and has no bike experience. Assume street tires. The stock C5Z pads(assuming that's what it has...if not sure...best to replace w/ HP+ as you mention) are fine for 1 event. I'd check their thickness and ensure at least 50%.

On the brakes fluid, if the car has never been DE'd, it must be flushed, run through the ABS, then re-bled. 9 year old fluid sucks. I would put motul in the clutch reservoir also.

The C5z needs very little to be very, very fast.

Last edited by sothpaw2; 04-17-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by trapp
Mike,

My friend is new to the sport...2003 Z06...I will foward your recommendations...

We both joined Laps Inc..and will be at Autobahn 5/7/12.

Tom
Tom,

When I'm free, I will be helping Shawn instruct at Laps this year. If I can make 5/7, I will give you a heads up. I'm sure I'll be at some of the events and if so I'll give your friend a ride in my C5 T1/ST2 car and have you both over to the garage.

PM me your contact info again.

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To What mods are needed for HPDE event (C5Z06)

Quick Reply: What mods are needed for HPDE event (C5Z06)