Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low octane table vs. instantaneous KR... how does it work?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 11:30 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Low octane table vs. instantaneous KR... how does it work?

Can anyone give me a high level explanation of how they work and the differences between the two?

Old 04-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by travisnd
Can anyone give me a high level explanation of how they work and the differences between the two?

Go to the Scan and Tune section and do a search. Some clever dudes there. Nobody knows more than Mez.
If you know the service manager at your local Corvette dealer, he may let you look at the shop manual covering tuning theory.
Each state requires different tables for stock cars, but the racing guys have other ideas.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:16 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

ttt... anyone else? I know in the thread I made about my dyno issues earlier this year there was some discussion about copying the high octane tables to the low octane tables and reasons for doing that vs. not doing it. Someone mentioned that even if this was done you'd still have instantaneous KR. Hoping someone can elaborate on that.

Get notified of new replies

To Low octane table vs. instantaneous KR... how does it work?

Quick Reply: Low octane table vs. instantaneous KR... how does it work?