Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone going to the Track Daze HPDE on April 5 & 6 at VIR.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 07:56 PM
kenw
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Anyone going to the Track Daze HPDE on April 5 & 6 at VIR.

Just wondering if any of you are going to be at this HPDE. I will be there for the 5th only.

This will be my first Track Daze event, any comments.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

We have done a bunch of events with trackdaze. Great group to run with who thinks of the customer first.

Have fun we will be back at VIR with trackdaze in November.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:41 PM
VTME13
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I were going!! I ran mostly with TrackDaze last year. They offer a bunch of track time for the dollar. Events are well run. Instructors are awesome.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:48 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

Received 745 Likes on 429 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

You do mean May 5 & 6, right?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:04 PM
kenw
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes May 5th. Thanks for noticing.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Shrek
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wife and I will be there both days!

She'll run in Novice with her ZR-1 while I keep the lugs torqued and air in the tires.

Last edited by Shrek; 04-23-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:58 PM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kenw
Just wondering if any of you are going to be at this HPDE. I will be there for the 5th only.

This will be my first Track Daze event, any comments.
Are you referring to the May 5-6 event? If so, I'll be there. Black C6Z, tow is a black Sierra Denali. Look me up; it's always good to meet CF members. I generally park in the first row from the staging pits.

Jim
Old 04-22-2012, 09:21 PM
isnider
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be there too! White Denali towing ZR1...what run group are you guys running?

Can't wait!

Ian
Old 04-23-2012, 07:37 AM
jlutherva
Drifting

I'm in the advanced group but may asked to be moved down. I just had major work done on the car plus a whole winter's worth of mods. Inaddition, I left my mojo in T7 and I need to find it.

See ya there!

Jim
Old 04-23-2012, 10:04 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jlutherva
I'm in the advanced group but may asked to be moved down. I just had major work done on the car plus a whole winter's worth of mods. Inaddition, I left my mojo in T7 and I need to find it.

See ya there!

Jim
I will be there also in the Advanced group for both days. It will be my first time in their Advanced group, so I may be asked to move down. I like doing the Trackdaze events. They run a well organized event. Also, they do classroom sessions, even for Intermediates. The classes always seems to be helpful as you get different peoples views on turns and issues. I will be there in this:

[IMG][/IMG]

Look me up.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:07 PM
jlutherva
Drifting

Originally Posted by waddisme
I will be there also in the Advanced group for both days. It will be my first time in their Advanced group, so I may be asked to move down. I like doing the Trackdaze events. They run a well organized event. Also, they do classroom sessions, even for Intermediates. The classes always seems to be helpful as you get different peoples views on turns and issues. I will be there in this:

[IMG][/IMG]

Look me up.
Will do! You may be aware that TrackDaze also runs an "Advanced Intermediate" group. Both Advanced and Advanced Intermediate have unlimited passing. From my relatively small sampling, the Advanced group was actually running slower! There was a high concentration of Miata Spec cars and they seemed to be running in formation. Passing signals in both groups has been very good, but in the Advanced, each pass was for a full formation of Miatas. I could have just been that one event. Guess we'll find out soon!

Jim
Old 04-23-2012, 05:10 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by jlutherva
You may be aware that TrackDaze also runs an "Advanced Intermediate" group. Both Advanced and Advanced Intermediate have unlimited passing. From my relatively small sampling, the Advanced group was actually running slower! There was a high concentration of Miata Spec cars and they seemed to be running in formation. Passing signals in both groups has been very good, but in the Advanced, each pass was for a full formation of Miatas. I could have just been that one event. Guess we'll find out soon!

Jim
I've been to at least 30 TrackDaze events over the last 4 years. Moved up with them from Novice to Advanced. I've found the speed of the Advanced group varies wildly by event and by track. Sometimes you get a whole bunch of slower cars...sometimes only a few. If there is a cetain race coming up, like a Chump or Lemons, you get a lot of slow cars (good drivers, slow cars) because TD lets them in. In general I've found much quicker cars show up for VIR than for their events at Summit Point or Shenandoah. One time at VIR we had a 700HP stock car...holy chit...that thing was loud and fast.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:50 PM
jlutherva
Drifting

Originally Posted by argonaut
I've been to at least 30 TrackDaze events over the last 4 years. Moved up with them from Novice to Advanced. I've found the speed of the Advanced group varies wildly by event and by track. Sometimes you get a whole bunch of slower cars...sometimes only a few. If there is a cetain race coming up, like a Chump or Lemons, you get a lot of slow cars (good drivers, slow cars) because TD lets them in. In general I've found much quicker cars show up for VIR than for their events at Summit Point or Shenandoah. One time at VIR we had a 700HP stock car...holy chit...that thing was loud and fast.
Yup, I remember that car. I was actually painful to have him pass you.
Incentive to go faster????

Jim
Old 04-23-2012, 07:26 PM
isnider
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds great guys, I am running advanced group too. Good to see we will have the Vettes well represented!

Do you guys have any idea what kind of lap times you re running?

Ian
Old 04-23-2012, 07:42 PM
RonnieM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran with them last May in the Intermediate group (only had 4 run groups) and there was a lot of cars in my group with meant lots of trains.
It was almost impossible for me to get a point by, that after 2 1/2 sessions I put her on the trailer.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:45 PM
jlutherva
Drifting

Originally Posted by RonnieM
I ran with them last May in the Intermediate group (only had 4 run groups) and there was a lot of cars in my group with meant lots of trains.
It was almost impossible for me to get a point by, that after 2 1/2 sessions I put her on the trailer.
Passing does get much better above the intermediate group, but as I mentioned above, in the advanced intermediate group and advanced group, passing is anywhere with a point-by and point-by have always been plentiful in these groups. I've been quite happy running with TrackDaze.

Jim
Old 04-23-2012, 10:01 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by isnider
Sounds great guys, I am running advanced group too. Good to see we will have the Vettes well represented!

Do you guys have any idea what kind of lap times you re running?

Ian
I am usually in the 2:10 - 2:15 range depending on traffice. Last Nov, I never got passed in the intermediate, so I guess it is time to move up, plus you can have passengers in Advanced and my daughter wants to ride along. She did her first novice class back in March there.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone going to the Track Daze HPDE on April 5 & 6 at VIR.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:45 PM
kenw
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

CF friends

Thank you all for posting and look forward to seeing you at VIR. I will be staying at the Sleep Inn and will be there Friday for registration.

Again this is my first event with Track Daze, but have run the last 5 NCM HPDE's at VIR and have registered for my 6th. I have also run 3 events with 10/10th. I will be in the Intermediate group.

Here is my car.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:56 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Any of you dropping off Friday night? Usually a lot of different type cars there. I try to park near other vettes - never know what you may need or they may need.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:35 PM
jlutherva
Drifting

I'll be there Friday afternoon. I plan to arrive around 4:45 PM. Tech starts at 5:30 and VIR is showing nobody scheduled for Friday so maybe they will let us in early.
See ya there!
Jim

Quick Reply: Anyone going to the Track Daze HPDE on April 5 & 6 at VIR.