Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Relocation

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Z06ness03
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Relocation

Hey guys, just found a Lingenfelter Relocation Kit for 250 bucks from someone in my area and knowing that its a $400 kit I'm tempted. Does anyone have any experience relocating the battery to the rear for open track days and auto cross? I'm sure its noticeable but is it desirable? Thanks.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:27 PM
spdislife
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Just my .02, but I would go with a lightweight battery in the stock position and spend the 250.00 elsewhere. I run a Deka battery, around 90.00 delivered and about 16 lbs.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:33 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06ness03
Hey guys, just found a Lingenfelter Relocation Kit for 250 bucks from someone in my area and knowing that its a $400 kit I'm tempted. Does anyone have any experience relocating the battery to the rear for open track days and auto cross? I'm sure its noticeable but is it desirable? Thanks.
I loved the way it felt when I did mine although i got the Z06 cables and put them in the Z06 way under the carpet and through the firewall.
i can't say what lingenfelter uses or how it compares to just puting in a light weight battery it seems to me that a light weight in the back would be best but I have no way to compare all three setups.
I think I'll eventually put an Odessey battery in place of the stock one though.

Get notified of new replies

To Battery Relocation

Quick Reply: Battery Relocation