Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What driving school?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:05 PM
QWKSRT
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What driving school?

After taking a few laps with me a friend of mine went out and bought his own Vette! He now wants to get on track with me but doesn't have any experience racing and me teaching him more than just basics is too hard to do during a weekend HPDE.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a racing school in So Cal? He literally has no experience at all on a track. We're not talking about heel/toeing, rev matching or more advanced techniques. I need a basic school for him to start with.. apexing corners, proper lines, race braking vs. street braking, etc. He doesn't even know what tight or loose means..

I think 50/50 classroom/driving would be a great start. All I'm finding so far is Bondurant. Are there others we should look at?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:40 PM
hellrazr
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.ocracecraft.com

Great deal and it's local.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:54 AM
rayk
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ron Fellows Spring Mountain Level 1 school is pretty awesome. There was one lady in my class that started out not knowing how to shift a manual to going around track pretty good on Day 3. Not cheap, but great facilities on site to stay at and the lunches are great.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:55 AM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

There should be a region of NASA out there somewhere. The national office is in California.

Here you go. Pick the region that is closest to you: http://www.nasaproracing.com/aboutnasa/regions.html
Old 04-26-2012, 08:56 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I would recommend an organization like NASA for a person just starting out. Lots of classroom time with in car instructed track time at a very reasonable price. The drivers are classed into different groups base on ability from green beginners through accomplished track rats. Your friend could run 5-6 weekends with NASA for what a two day school at the big names would cost.

Get notified of new replies

To What driving school?

Quick Reply: What driving school?