Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Pad left 4 next track day??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Psu vette
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Pad left 4 next track day??

I am not mechanical at all but trying to learn some things. Just bought new GS in March, had first HPDE day with it 2 weeks ago at Blackhawk farms. 1/2 of the day in wet/damp conditions not at speed, got in 2 runs (40 min) and higher speed.

here is what i have for pads left, I assume they are pretty good yet for some track runs this weekend. Let me know what you think.

Also what pads to get next? Single or padlets? I drive car to and from track and a couple days per week.

hopefully the picture works
Old 05-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by Psu vette
I am not mechanical at all but trying to learn some things. Just bought new GS in March, had first HPDE day with it 2 weeks ago at Blackhawk farms. 1/2 of the day in wet/damp conditions not at speed, got in 2 runs (40 min) and higher speed.

here is what i have for pads left, I assume they are pretty good yet for some track runs this weekend. Let me know what you think.

Also what pads to get next? Single or padlets? I drive car to and from track and a couple days per week.

hopefully the picture works
I see no picture. I would definetley use the 1 piece pad for track duty. I would recomend using the Carbotech XP10 front and XP8 rear.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 05-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,926 Likes on 5,332 Posts

To post pictures go to the Help Forum. There is an excellent write up on how to do it. Basically, you post your pictures on a site like Photobucket which is free and provides lots of storage space for pictures (I have been posting pictures there for at least 10 years and haven't run out of space). Once your picture is on Photobucket you use the yellow scenery icon at the top of the forum message box to paste the Photobucket direct link into the entry form you get when you click on the icon. Then hit enter and the picture shows up on the forum. There is no member minimum time requirement so you should be able to post as soon as you figure out how to do it. It is actually very simple.

Bill
Old 05-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Psu vette
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Adam, I did a Track Autocross this weekend and the stock pads were still good (about 15 laps). My instructor had the same reccomendation (10/8). Just want to make sure I can use them on the street. I hope to do 5 more track autocross events and maybe 1-2 HPDE this summer. And drive around town and to work once per week. not worried about dust just maybe loud noise.

I am also going to try and replace myself (instructor said it should be easy) never done it before.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by Psu vette
Thanks Adam, I did a Track Autocross this weekend and the stock pads were still good (about 15 laps). My instructor had the same reccomendation (10/8). Just want to make sure I can use them on the street. I hope to do 5 more track autocross events and maybe 1-2 HPDE this summer. And drive around town and to work once per week. not worried about dust just maybe loud noise.

I am also going to try and replace myself (instructor said it should be easy) never done it before.

Thanks
Give me a call I will be happy to help you.

Get notified of new replies

To Brake Pad left 4 next track day??

Quick Reply: Brake Pad left 4 next track day??