Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mufflers and exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 11:55 AM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mufflers and exhausts

Alright guys, The days of hearing my long tubes into 3" dumps are over. Now that I've moved to cali, most tracks have noise restrictions and looking over the city noise regulations it may not even be legal to start my car where I live (how is that for personal rights, eh?). But I'll be the first to admit even with earplugs in my car was LOUD. Its time to quiet her down a notch. But my question is how? I'm frugal and would rather not spend a ton of money and I'd like to keep it 3" all the way back.

That means that most axle back systems are out of the question, so custom it is. I was looking at the 3" i/o round mufflers several companies had and thinking that if they were small enough (in diameter) I could mount them just after the x-pipe instead of hanging them behind the rear end. But is that even possible? if not, looks like, I'll get smaller round mufflers and just stick them out the back.

Also how do you all handle the heat? I don't have a tranny or differ cooler and honestly never really needed one. The temps were super low due to the exhaust dumping before the tranny. I'm thinking that I should at least wrap the pipes as they hear the transmission?

Quick Reply: Mufflers and exhausts