Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 C6 track car question

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:22 AM
TGiuliante
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 C6 track car question

Have any guys built a track car out of a 2005 C6 utilizing the LS2. If so what do you have to do to the motor in order the keep it as reliable as possible?

After the car was built were you happy with it or did you wish you went another route.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:25 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TGiuliante
Have any guys built a track car out of a 2005 C6 utilizing the LS2. If so what do you have to do to the motor in order the keep it as reliable as possible?
I ran a stock '06 LS2 for a few years at Thunderhill which has a lot of sustained left handers... I was on R888s for most of the events and seeing maybe 1.2G sustained. My motor gave up the ghost. I did not have an Accusump nor a Dry Sump installed. Looking back over 3 years of data I can see a steady decline in oil pressure at the same point on the track. Looking at speeds in certain locations with the new motor (not on track! just accelerating up onramps...) I can tell you the old motor was very tired and unhappy.

If you want to run an LS2 on track with anything but hockey pucks for tires, do yourself a favor and invest in a dry sump... IMO.

Quick Reply: 2005 C6 track car question