Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to Sebring Saturday - video

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 08:42 PM
JeremyGSU
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Went to Sebring Saturday - video

Well, I went to Sebring this past weekend with Chin and captured a few sessions when I attempted to keep up with my buddies M3. Didn't quite happen. lol I got to try out my new Johnny O'Connell suspension, which I liked but need to adjust. I found the middle setting was proned to too much oversteer but the car is much more solid than before. I also ran with my new SKF front hubs. Wow, what a difference. No more double brake pumping going into the corners. Pedal was solid every time. It was HOT. I was hitting 271 oil and 239 water. This is running 70% water/water wetter and 30% coolant. I may need a radiator upgrade. Of course it was almost 100 degrees.

Anyhow, I instruct with Chin and thought some people might like to watch some footage. I am no pro.

Car - '04 Z
Vararam intake
160 thermostat
tune - 376whp / 364 tq

Doug Rippie oil cooler - 19R
Johnny O'Connell suspension / lowered on stock bolts
Sparco Evo 2 + seats
Hardbar seat brackets
Sparco harness bar
C6 shifter
Elite engineering heel/toe

DBA 4000 front rotors / stock rear
XP12 F / XP10 - Amsoil brake fluid
Doug Rippie brake ducting

Nitto NT555 RII tires on stock rims
Recorded with GoPro Hero2 with mic into trunk.

I think that covers everything. haha Good times.

Video 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lluzGsjRlDc

Video 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-0wClKXcz4
Old 06-12-2012, 11:25 AM
OneFasTT997
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeremyGSU
Well, I went to Sebring this past weekend with Chin and captured a few sessions when I attempted to keep up with my buddies M3. Didn't quite happen. lol I got to try out my new Johnny O'Connell suspension, which I liked but need to adjust. I found the middle setting was proned to too much oversteer but the car is much more solid than before. I also ran with my new SKF front hubs. Wow, what a difference. No more double brake pumping going into the corners. Pedal was solid every time. It was HOT. I was hitting 271 oil and 239 water. This is running 70% water/water wetter and 30% coolant. I may need a radiator upgrade. Of course it was almost 100 degrees.

Anyhow, I instruct with Chin and thought some people might like to watch some footage. I am no pro.

Car - '04 Z
Vararam intake
160 thermostat
tune - 376whp / 364 tq

Doug Rippie oil cooler - 19R
Johnny O'Connell suspension / lowered on stock bolts
Sparco Evo 2 + seats
Hardbar seat brackets
Sparco harness bar
C6 shifter
Elite engineering heel/toe

DBA 4000 front rotors / stock rear
XP12 F / XP10 - Amsoil brake fluid
Doug Rippie brake ducting

Nitto NT555 RII tires on stock rims
Recorded with GoPro Hero2 with mic into trunk.

I think that covers everything. haha Good times.

Video 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lluzGsjRlDc

Video 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-0wClKXcz4
Nice, what temps did you get up to oil/coolant/tranny. Running the grand am course at HMS this weekend so I skipped Sebring.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:09 PM
OneFasTT997
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OneFasTT997
Nice, what temps did you get up to oil/coolant/tranny. Running the grand am course at HMS this weekend so I skipped Sebring.
Nevermind, I missed it the first time I read the thread. I'm going to a Ron Davis before Homestead this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:13 PM
beach chopper
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeremy, Randy in the silver 2003 z06, thanks for saying hey at Sebring! I had a great 2 days. Didn't get a chance to chat, maybe next time. Hope to be at Sebring august 18th. Just want to give a huge thank you to my instructor for both days, Jim dillon, great instructor, taught me how to drive the course, hope to get Jim again in august
Old 06-13-2012, 08:07 AM
sheshnwoody
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, at least I made one of your videos only to be passed in short order!!
Your car felt much better with the new suspension...felt the difference from the pass seat. I love the seats...those will be next on list after the shifter!

Randy: Look forward to meeting another C5 owner...I might be going to Aug event at Sebring. Gonna be hot! I was in newbie class Saturday. I had Jeremy as my instructor at my first event! Glad you enjoyed it...right there with you having fun!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:36 AM
JeremyGSU
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by beach chopper
Jeremy, Randy in the silver 2003 z06, thanks for saying hey at Sebring! I had a great 2 days. Didn't get a chance to chat, maybe next time. Hope to be at Sebring august 18th. Just want to give a huge thank you to my instructor for both days, Jim dillon, great instructor, taught me how to drive the course, hope to get Jim again in august
Nice meeting you man. Again, sorry for the false tire pressures. I would start with 30F / 28R next time out. I was told always to have around 2psi less in the rear. I had mine backwards in the beginning of the day and the car handled horrible. Once I got them adjusted it came back more into line with what i was accustomed to.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:28 PM
blkbrd69
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Shorts?

Get notified of new replies

To Went to Sebring Saturday - video

Quick Reply: Went to Sebring Saturday - video