Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Castrol SRF

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 09:02 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Castrol SRF

Where's the cheapest place to buy castrol srf from?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:53 PM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Amazon .... provides a vendor for $69/Liter... overall cost.
When looking at the different vendors factor in the shipping cost when
chosing.
Changes periodically...
Old 06-13-2012, 12:13 AM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by db2xpert
Amazon .... provides a vendor for $69/Liter... overall cost.
When looking at the different vendors factor in the shipping cost when
chosing.
Changes periodically...
Amazon
Old 06-13-2012, 01:44 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by whatcop?
Where's the cheapest place to buy castrol srf from?
sometimes autobarn.com beats them and sometimes autobarn sells it on Amazon.com... go figure
Old 06-13-2012, 12:30 PM
MySR71
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

DRM has it for $65.95.

http://dougrippie.com/?p=430
Old 06-30-2012, 09:05 AM
FSUls7
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be careful with the production date on some of those cheap advertised prices. That stuff has a shelf life, and though i dont want to throw a number out there because someone will start an argument with me, My OPINION would be 6-9 months. Spend a tad more and get it from a supplier that moves alot of product like CV Products or HRP world.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:25 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

DRm support the people who support this place.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:25 PM
isnider
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Not to be a hater but I though Whatcop? got a ZR1. I personally think the SRF is a waste of money. I just got back from VIR today with record temps of 106F and had no issues with just ATE Super Blue for $15 bucks a liter. Why spend $75 a quart, I would rather flush more often than spend 5x. The ceramic brakes took a beating today with zero fade lap after lap.

Just sayin'

Ian
Old 06-30-2012, 06:37 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by isnider
Why spend $75 a quart, I would rather flush more often than spend 5x.
Because $75 is cheap and you get the best brake fluid. I don't screw around in the pit area bleeding anymore. I bleed some off once in a while in the garage between events when I swap out pads. The stuff doesn't boil.

Consider the money you spend on all the the things you buy for track. The cost of the brake fluid is minor.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:23 PM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Not to be a hater but I though Whatcop? got a ZR1. I personally think the SRF is a waste of money. I just got back from VIR today with record temps of 106F and had no issues with just ATE Super Blue for $15 bucks a liter. Why spend $75 a quart, I would rather flush more often than spend 5x. The ceramic brakes took a beating today with zero fade lap after lap.

Just sayin'

Ian
Yes I did

Originally Posted by vms4evr
Because $75 is cheap and you get the best brake fluid. I don't screw around in the pit area bleeding anymore. I bleed some off once in a while in the garage between events when I swap out pads. The stuff doesn't boil.

Consider the money you spend on all the the things you buy for track. The cost of the brake fluid is minor.

Exactly. I had the Willwood stuff in my Z06 and cooked it in one day and that was ~$20 a bottle
Old 06-30-2012, 11:49 PM
930man
Instructor

Originally Posted by whatcop?
Yes I did

Exactly. I had the Willwood stuff in my Z06 and cooked it in one day and that was ~$20 a bottle
I've run everything from Gt2 porsches to Cup cars,, sub 2 min laps at VIR i put SRF in run the season ... flush at end of year im done.. 25+ days.. I have never wasted time or lost time under a hot car bleeding brakes... i couldn't imagine wasting that time on such an easy fix... SRF,,, is the product
Old 06-30-2012, 11:53 PM
930man
Instructor

its your brakes for Gods sakes!!!!!!lol whats the discussion
Old 07-01-2012, 01:34 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by 930man
I've run everything from Gt2 porsches to Cup cars,, sub 2 min laps at VIR i put SRF in run the season ... flush at end of year im done.. 25+ days.. I have never wasted time or lost time under a hot car bleeding brakes... i couldn't imagine wasting that time on such an easy fix... SRF,,, is the product

yeah i have converted most of my track rat freinds to this stuff too, not worth dicking around bleeding anymore

Originally Posted by John Shiels
DRm support the people who support this place.

yep call randy good prices on this stuff
Old 07-01-2012, 07:55 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Just sayin'

Ian
beat your brakes and super blue won't do the trick.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:56 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Consider the money you spend on all the the things you buy for track. The cost of the brake fluid is minor

Firgure your cost per mile with SRF not the cost per oz.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:14 AM
sgsvette
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Why eat hamburger when you can afford steak.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:22 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the hot and humid area I reside you still bleed SRF since it is still hydrophillic. Driving two cars back to back I see no brake fade difference. Your results may vary.

Get notified of new replies

To Castrol SRF

Old 07-01-2012, 02:29 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Just sayin'

Ian
At some point in time you WILL experience it...I ran Motul 600 until I experience my first brake loss due to boiled fluid..it was not fun coming into a brake zone and your pumping the brakes with no results....
Old 07-01-2012, 02:40 PM
JeremyGSU
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I've run Superblue and Motul 600. I'm currently running Amsoil. How does Amsoil compare to Castrol SRF? Is it worth the switch?
Old 07-01-2012, 03:17 PM
930man
Instructor

Just sayin'

Ian
Ian.. Please don't take this wrong and I know I'm new here.. But if your not boiling ATE you are hitting the brakes hard enough ...
ATE will boil on you it's going to happen in turn one..

It's just an in convenience when it happens usually loose a session .. Some ABS units go all crazy once it happens if they suck up bubbles.

I would recommend if you can't justify SRF use at least Motul 600.. ATE is like using padgid orange pads.. They do the trick but there is so much more technologically advanced products.

Good luck either way I hope you get the car to the point you are cooking pads!

Quick Reply: Castrol SRF