Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Blackstone Labs Oil Analysis for my C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 02:47 PM
QIKSLVR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1st Blackstone Labs Oil Analysis for my C6 Z06

I just received my first oil analysis from Blackstone Labs for my '07 Z. Everything appears failrly good except the lead content is a bit high. Enclosed is a copy of the analysis. They suggest we keep an eye on the lead content in the oil because I track the car.

Does anyone have any experience knowing at what point the lead content in oil is unacceptable; point at which bearings need replacing?

I'd rather replace engine bearings and/or rebuild the engine rather than having to replace an entire engine.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:02 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

IMO these analysis are just fuel for worry-warts (myself one of them). Change the oil and drive.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:20 PM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by QIKSLVR
I just received my first oil analysis from Blackstone Labs for my '07 Z. Everything appears failrly good except the lead content is a bit high. Enclosed is a copy of the analysis. They suggest we keep an eye on the lead content in the oil because I track the car.

Does anyone have any experience knowing at what point the lead content in oil is unacceptable; point at which bearings need replacing?

I'd rather replace engine bearings and/or rebuild the engine rather than having to replace an entire engine.

Blackstone will tell you. with each test just keep it up till you know whats happening as the mile add up
Old 06-22-2012, 04:25 PM
meldog21
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Blackstone also keeps your sample results on file so the following test results will be compared to prior results and the information provided in their analysis.

The comparison over time is more valuable than just a single snap shot.

Dog
Old 06-23-2012, 03:46 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Hard to get much out of one reading unless something really bad. Give it a couple of more tests. I am currently watching my titanium levels.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:35 PM
QIKSLVR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heading to VIR for the NCM event. Will change oil upon return and see how well Mobil 1 5-30 holds up. Running solo Blue Group in my daily driver w/Hoosiers.

Get notified of new replies

To 1st Blackstone Labs Oil Analysis for my C6 Z06

Quick Reply: 1st Blackstone Labs Oil Analysis for my C6 Z06