Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best rotors for DTC 70 /60 pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Vf430
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best rotors for DTC 70 /60 pads

I cracked the cross drilled rotors in my car while running with DTC 70 front and DTC 60 rear. It took only a 30 min session to cause a deep fracture.

I am shopping for a good rotor for my track only Z06. which one will work with a highly abrasive pad like DTC 70? any suggestions?

So far i have been told Powerslot Cryo is the best way to go.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:57 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Do you have a C6Z or C5Z? If C6Z are you using padlets or one-piece pads? My results are with brake cooling ducts and I went from cracking stock rotors daily to the following rotors on my C5. Stoptech 2 piece aerorotors (stock diameter) work pretty well. Hardbar AP floating rotors work very well (for 12.8" diameter). Stoptech 14" rotors are the best I have used. They laugh at dtc-70's all year long. For the rear of my C5Z, I use cheap DBA one piece rotors with dtc-60's and they work great. They were only around $45 a pair from Tire Rack a while back. I think it was a close-out price.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Vf430
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redtopz
Do you have a C6Z or C5Z? If C6Z are you using padlets or one-piece pads? My results are with brake cooling ducts and I went from cracking stock rotors daily to the following rotors on my C5. Stoptech 2 piece aerorotors (stock diameter) work pretty well. Hardbar AP floating rotors work very well (for 12.8" diameter). Stoptech 14" rotors are the best I have used. They laugh at dtc-70's all year long. For the rear of my C5Z, I use cheap DBA one piece rotors with dtc-60's and they work great. They were only around $45 a pair from Tire Rack a while back. I think it was a close-out price.
Thanks . I have a c5z as well. Stoptech is not on tirerack anymore. I have front DRM cooling ducts and rear is stock ducts.

who else has good pricing on stoptech?

Get notified of new replies

To Best rotors for DTC 70 /60 pads

Quick Reply: Best rotors for DTC 70 /60 pads