Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info needed on stock 3LT seat to Corbeau A4 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 02:14 PM
taken19
Track Junky

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Tech Contributor

Default Info needed on stock 3LT seat to Corbeau A4 conversion

Need info for C6 specific cars|

What exactly is needed to convert from the stock 3LT (heated, power, side airbags and telescoping steering wheel) seats to Corbeau A4's?

Please provide all harnesses, plugs, etc AND what I would have to transfer over to make the telescoping steering wheel and front airbags functional. I've done some research but can't find all info in one place. Provide part numbers, prices and vendors if at all possible.

Thanks a million.

Sean
Old 06-28-2012, 05:04 AM
taken19
Track Junky

Tech Contributor

Anybody? As best I can tell, vette works makes airbag simulators but I'm at a loss for the rest. I didn't plan on transferring anything over to the new seats. Am I wrong?
Old 06-28-2012, 10:13 AM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

In the same situation myself but only thinking I'll need the airbag simulator from Pfadt or comparable vendor. All else will be left alone as stock rails will remain on stock seats and I'll go without seat wamers in the A4's.

This is my very near future next mod so can't say from experience just yet.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:19 AM
skyavonee
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 78 Posts

Have you guys actually driven a car with the A4's yet? If not, I suggest doing so before buying them. Here was my reaction to them:
corvetteforum.com/c5-z06-discussion/the-dark-side-of-the-corbeau-a4.html

Gripe #6 is a non-issue if you'll be running a harness, and gripe #5 is a non-issue if you have longer legs than me. It's a decent seat for the street, but I think it's inadequate for a car that sees significant track time because there's not enough lateral leg support.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:30 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I have sat in them before and agree completely on the track use. I'd go with a FX1 or Sparco, OMP fixed back for the track before these. I think it'll be a good street seat for me and hopefully comfortable enough for long road trips; I actually enjoy the stockers for long road trips.

These are the exact weight of a C6 seat @26lbs (no rails) so no weight gain there for us.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:48 PM
taken19
Track Junky

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by skyavonee
Have you guys actually driven a car with the A4's yet? If not, I suggest doing so before buying them. Here was my reaction to them:
corvetteforum.com/c5-z06-discussion/the-dark-side-of-the-corbeau-a4.html

Gripe #6 is a non-issue if you'll be running a harness, and gripe #5 is a non-issue if you have longer legs than me. It's a decent seat for the street, but I think it's inadequate for a car that sees significant track time because there's not enough lateral leg support.
Good info. I have gone as a passenger and thought hey we're comfortable. Maybe I can convince the seller to let me install one and drive around a bit first.

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:05 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

We carry every thing you need to install Corbeau A4s into your Vette and have everything working properly. Let me know exactly what your looking for and we'll get you taken care of.
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Old 08-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

What do you do about the old 3pt seatbelt not being latched in? How do the airbags still work?
Old 08-07-2012, 11:21 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Originally Posted by 383
What do you do about the old 3pt seatbelt not being latched in? How do the airbags still work?
Vetteworks sells a seatbelt blank that you slip into the buckle so the buckle thinks the seatbelt is latched.

If you are being held in with a harness, I'm not sure the airbag helps, but the seatbelt blank does turn off the dash reminder telling you to buckle up.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:21 AM
taken19
Track Junky

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by 383
The Corbeau seat mounts have provisions for the stock 3 point seat belt to mount to. There are companies that sell airbag simulators in which they "think" it will allow the remainder of the system to work properly. Nobody has tested this as the simulators are simply resistors to get the computer to "see" that the seat airbags are installed.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:05 PM
bags142
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Another one who sat in an A4 and then I sat in a TRS. I now have the TRS's in my vette. The TRS is much more supportive and comfortable and WILL hold you in the seat
Old 08-08-2012, 01:08 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

For the C6 there are alot more seats available than just the A4... the TRS, LG1, and CR1 all fit the C6 fine and we've installed them all in C6 and C6 Z in the past.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:08 PM
NOSLO6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by taken19
Good info. I have gone as a passenger and thought hey we're comfortable. Maybe I can convince the seller to let me install one and drive around a bit first.

Thanks!
I agree with that poster-- I used A4s at first since I had them in my drag car, but switched to the super solid (though not as street friendly) fixed position Cobra Suzuka and am much more confident about the safety if, God forbid, I ever needed those harnesses. Just didn't like the amount of play in the A4's joint. Several techs had similar comments on them. Just 2-cents.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Bedouin
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

I had Corbeau's in a Cobra & while they were inexpensive & more supportive, there was annoying play in their bracketry that would create shifting/clunking during hard cornering, which was unnacceptable.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:56 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by ADVBedouin
I had Corbeau's in a Cobra & while they were inexpensive & more supportive, there was annoying play in their bracketry that would create shifting/clunking during hard cornering, which was unnacceptable.
Did you have double locking sliders? We've never had any of our customers complain about shifting or clunking because we really push the double locking sliders which eliminates the problems your talking about

Get notified of new replies

To Info needed on stock 3LT seat to Corbeau A4 conversion

Quick Reply: Info needed on stock 3LT seat to Corbeau A4 conversion