Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any track rats have experience with the Eibach MULTI-PRO-R2-Callaway?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 02:33 PM
WSIRFan
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any track rats have experience with the Eibach MULTI-PRO-R2-Callaway?

I in process of getting an 01 Z06 I'm looking to upgrade suspension for a combination of street & track. These look interesting, but they are so much cheaper than other remote reservoir systems, it raises questions.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:40 PM
MongoZ06
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

No first hand experience but I know with this system you keep the factory leaf springs in place and many folks have been looking to replace the leaf springs completely.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:18 PM
WSIRFan
Advanced

Originally Posted by MongoZ06
No first hand experience but I know with this system you keep the factory leaf springs in place and many folks have been looking to replace the leaf springs completely.
This is my first Corvette and I didn't know if removal of the leaf springs was a handling or "purity" issue. I'm only concerned with keeping the the tires in maximum contact with the pavement on a road course.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

The two people I know who used this system (Oyishdog & Wallyman) ordered it with increased spring rates so they could remove their leafsprings. They only bought the kit because they were on some ridiculously low priced sale they found. I'd stick with the Pfadt or LG kit and remove the leafs. Or keep the leafs and get upgraded ones and matching valved shocks. Don't see the need to combine the complexity of both systems. How would you set ride height? Adjust the leaf height adjuster and the coil spring too?
Old 06-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Daniel_Mc
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Have you considered the DRM units? You will remove the leafs with the Rippie set up.
http://dougrippie.com/?cat=19
Also I have driven a C6Z with the Pfadt Coilovers and it was very nice.

Daniel
Old 06-28-2012, 06:34 PM
WSIRFan
Advanced

Originally Posted by Daniel_Mc
Have you considered the DRM units? You will remove the leafs with the Rippie set up.
http://dougrippie.com/?cat=19
Also I have driven a C6Z with the Pfadt Coilovers and it was very nice.

Daniel
I thought I'd probably end up with the LGs pr the Pfadts, but I've never had a set of remote reservoir units and just thought I'd ask around. The DRMs would be in the race too.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you're looking at coilovers you should take a look at our FeatherLight Single Adjustable's as well. In our experience the dual spring setups are tricky to tune properly, and we would much rather see a car on a single set of springs than run a setup with both the weight and complexity of the leafs+coil springs.

The FeatherLight Singles are simply the best single adjustable coilover we've ever built. There are features built into these new units that you simply can't find anywhere else, features like:

Our BOA upper mount design allows for a large articulation range with very low friction keeps wear along the shock shaft to a minimum, and packages extremely well.

The CIRC canister system placed at the top of the shock greatly increases gas volume on an internal canister shock and delivers the consistent performance you would expect from an external canister design.

The shocks are inverted for lower unsprung weight, feature our own proprietary damper rates, and are now 100% built in the USA by our own skilled engineers in Salt Lake City. All of this adds up to a great coilover package whether you're daily driving or taking the car to your local track for an HPDE.

If you're looking to legitamately compete with your Corvette we have our FeatherLight Doubles also available. They use the same BOA upper mount, but are pure bread competition style dampers with damper and spring rates designed to put you on the podium. What ever the goals for your Corvette, we have a suspension package that will work for you.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to give us a call or email. We can be reached at 1-888-972-2464 or you can reach me personally at jarrett@pfadtracing.com.

FeatherLight Singles

FeatherLight Doubles

Get notified of new replies

To Any track rats have experience with the Eibach MULTI-PRO-R2-Callaway?

Quick Reply: Any track rats have experience with the Eibach MULTI-PRO-R2-Callaway?