Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Square setup for Base C6 Z51 possible?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 10:38 AM
EyeMaster
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Square setup for Base C6 Z51 possible?

I'd like to know if there's a square wheel setup possible for a Base C6 with Z51 available that would be good for track use? I plan on using R tires, like Toyo R888 or maybe something like that. Possibly A6 in the future, but at first it would be R's with thread so that I can drive to the track which is 1 hour drive. Eventually I'll have a trailer for the tires.

If I can't fit a square setup, I'll keep a staggered setup.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:34 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Square will work if you're not lowered. If you're lowered you will hit the body at all four corners during compression. I had a 18" C5Z setup and had to sell because I'm lowered and was tearing up my body panels anytime I hit a dip at speed.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:44 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LEAVINU
Square will work if you're not lowered. If you're lowered you will hit the body at all four corners during compression. I had a 18" C5Z setup and had to sell because I'm lowered and was tearing up my body panels anytime I hit a dip at speed.
You must have been slammed and with very soft suspension. Granted I have a race car on coilovers, but my car is VERY low, and with a little trimming of the front fenders I'd assume the 18's would clear just fine.

To the OP
You could always get a tire trailer and just run the square setup on track only if you are worried about that sort of stuff.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:02 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by spazegun2213
You must have been slammed and with very soft suspension. Granted I have a race car on coilovers, but my car is VERY low, and with a little trimming of the front fenders I'd assume the 18's would clear just fine.

To the OP
You could always get a tire trailer and just run the square setup on track only if you are worried about that sort of stuff.
I am slammed with Pfadt inverted shocks set to fairly stiff. They rub more in the rear than the front though. Fronts hit inner portion primarily while the rears hit the actual painted panels.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:24 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LEAVINU
I am slammed with Pfadt inverted shocks set to fairly stiff. They rub more in the rear than the front though. Fronts hit inner portion primarily while the rears hit the actual painted panels.
raise that car up a little, you'll benefit with better compliance in those shocks, better geometry and you will not rub

Get notified of new replies

To Square setup for Base C6 Z51 possible?

Quick Reply: Square setup for Base C6 Z51 possible?