Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

abs/ active handling control issue ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 02:34 PM
msracing
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 2 Posts
Default abs/ active handling control issue ?

we have upgraded our c6 to a full track car.. Big Brembos, Motons coilover, Pfadt sway bars, ccw on slicks, full cage and so on.. yesterday we test at Homestead Speedway and the abs, traction control gave me all kind of problem with the bigger front brakes and .. we ended pulling the fuse and the car performed well ..

the question i have is,,, will the pulling of the fuse affect the power/Maps settings in the ecm.. ?

any info would really help...
Old 07-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,929 Likes on 5,333 Posts

The EBCM controls the ABS, TC and AH. Pulling the fuse on it will not do anything to the ECM except set a diagnostic code in it indicating it lost communication with the EBCM.

Bill
Old 07-02-2012, 01:05 AM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Doesn't pulling the abs fuse change the brake bias more toward the rear (50/50)? What is the stock bias anyway?
Old 07-02-2012, 01:16 AM
MJM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redtopz
Doesn't pulling the abs fuse change the brake bias more toward the rear (50/50)? What is the stock bias anyway?
The stock bias is supposedly dynamic with a fully functional system although I have never seen the range, conditions, or rough explanation of how the computer 'dynamically' adjusts the bias. I doubt the 'static' is 50/50 since most of the braking is from the front of the car.

Matt
Old 07-02-2012, 02:22 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,929 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by redtopz
It will never be 50/50 because the piston area and rotor size is smaller in the rear but the car does have dynamic proportioning which will disappear when the fuse is pulled so there could be more of a tendency to lock up the rears under heavy braking.

Bill
Old 07-02-2012, 12:02 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

I would be interested to know more about the bias (from the ebcm) with and without the abs fuse. What I meant by 50/50 bias was the fluid line pressure applied to the front and rear calipers. Not the actual braking force applied to the rotors which of course is dependent upon piston area. I always thought less line pressure is applied to the rear with the abs system functioning but I'm not sure. If the bias doesn't change with the fuse pulled compared to heavy braking with the abs fuse (non-lock up), I would be much more willing to pull the fuse. My abs/active handling drives me crazy in my T1 car. I think I have it narrowed down to one of the power steering sensors/circuits.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Mark Aubele
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my C5Z with the fuse pulled, I have found the bias to be spot on using Hawk HT 10s all around. I initially started using a less aggressive pad in the rear, but since have not found it necessary.

Get notified of new replies

To abs/ active handling control issue ?

Quick Reply: abs/ active handling control issue ?