Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5Z Harness install

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Nsomniac
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C5Z Harness install

I've slowly picked up the necessary parts to do a complete seat/harness install (minus the hardbar seat rails I haven't managed to procure yet). My list of equipment is as follows:

Ultra Shield Rally sport seat 17" 20*
Brey Krause harness bar
I/O Port brace
G-Force 6 pt harness

I searched to the best of my abilities and was not able to come up with a good write up on installing the harness. Can someone point me in the right direction? I do so much better with these things when I have a walkthrough with either video or pictures. My car is a daily driver which is used for 10+ auto-x events per year, but eventually I will be making my way down to Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, UT for a few track days.

Thanks in advance for any input you can give.

Cheers -- Jim
Old 07-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Anthony Stark
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12
Default Seat Clips

If your looking for the Brey Krause Harness clips......check my threads.

I also have a I/O Camera Mount if you dont have one already.

I have also installed/removed/installed the BK Bar and the Hardbar in 2 different C5s if you have any questions.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Nsomniac
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the info, Anthony. I'm not at the point of buying for the harness yet because I'd like to see some resources about installing the mounts. My BK bar should be fairly easy to install, but I may PM you if I run into troubles. I also got a camera mount with the bar when I bought it used.

Anyone else have any links to a write-up or video?
Old 07-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Anthony Stark
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Which Camera Mount did you get? When I had the BK bar, I found the BK Mount to be the best.....no vibrations.....no problems....videos came out clear and smooth. When I switched bars to gain some trunk space, the camera mount I had sucked.....so I went with the I/O Mount and it solved my issues.

As far as installing the BK Harness Bar with nothing else. Its easy. Slide both seats as far forward as they will go, and remove the back outside seat bolts. This is where you will connect the DOWN bars that come with the BK BAR. And make sure you have the Right Studs to install the bar itself into the A Pillar.

If your going with a race seat and custom brackets, then you might be able to get away without the BK Clips....(but I am partial since I have a set for sale.) How come your not using the STOCK SEAT SLIDERS???? I have Caravaggio Seats and used the Stock Seat Hardware to install them in my car, and was able to utilize a 6 point harness for both seats. Is the car going to be a dedicated TRACK CAR?

Location?

Last edited by Anthony Stark; 07-05-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C5Z Harness install

Quick Reply: C5Z Harness install